Question low fps where is the bottleneck

Jul 19, 2022
Hello,
I am playing the new hot wheels update in forza 5 and I usally play on the settings extrem and at a resolution of 5120x1440 with hdr on. Now after the update I also get 60 fps
as usally with my grapics card at around 70% so I got some air for more load (for example jungle bioms) but now there are a lot of passages where I am only riding at 30 fps.
My CPU is at 19% and my GPU at 72%. Still without the normal 60 pfs.

My System is:
Storage: M2 Samsung 1tb ssd, 4tb western digital
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X,
GPU: Radeon RX 6800XT
MB: Asus B550 Gaming-F
RAM: 32Gb DDR4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz
The Pc is Air cooled with 9 Corsair Fans and is not overheating at all.
All the drivers are up to date.

I dont know where the bottleneck is, I am sscared it could be my RAM running on low speed or something but I dont know. I hope someone can help me.

Jul 19, 2022
Whe I play at mid settings I can play a fluid 120 fps with my gpu beeing at 50% but I want to play at extrem with 60 fps so I need to know where my system has a bottleneck

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hello,
I am playing the new hot wheels update in forza 5 and I usally play on the settings extrem and at a resolution of 5120x1440 with hdr on. Now after the update I also get 60 fps
as usally with my grapics card at around 70% so I got some air for more load (for example jungle bioms) but now there are a lot of passages where I am only riding at 30 fps.
My CPU is at 19% and my GPU at 72%. Still without the normal 60 pfs.

My System is:
Storage: M2 Samsung 1tb ssd, 4tb western digital
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X,
GPU: Radeon RX 6800XT
MB: Asus B550 Gaming-F
RAM: 32Gb DDR4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz
The Pc is Air cooled with 9 Corsair Fans and is not overheating at all.
All the drivers are up to date.

I dont know where the bottleneck is, I am sscared it could be my RAM running on low speed or something but I dont know. I hope someone can help me.
While it could be unrelated, what PSU do you have? It’s possible that it isn’t providing enough power to the CPU and GPU.

brianseabury2

Honorable
Nov 26, 2017
its the gpu it's not good enough. also when you say 32gb. you mean 8x4 gb. 32gb by itself won't bottleneck you. but it isn't very useful. the most helpful thing you can do with that much ram without dual channel or quad channel is buy a ramdisk utility like rambus ramdisk and store things like the file that your in game character is stored on it and then point a symbolic back to your drive.

TRENDING THREADS