[SOLVED] Low Frame Rate on High End PC

Dec 23, 2022
Hello. I recently upgraded my PC with an RTX 3060ti and a Ryzen 7 5700x (temps are normal), but I still get 50-60 fps in games like Warzone 2 or Battlefield 2042 and similar. What can I do to fix this problem?

Solution
Everyone: some tech guys
Ehh... so I guess these guys only looked at the 750w portion. Can't really blame them for that, I guess; the quality of a psu can only be determined by running actual tests. The labeling doesn't tell the whole story, and sometimes it even lies.

It's in A1 and A2
i have around 30GB left on the SSD but yeah it's small, was a mistake to buy
The second stick should be in B1. Please change it. You got A1 correct though.
120GB is doable, but it requires the user to keep as few programs as possible off it - excluding the OS, of course. Can be annoying if all you want to do is plug it and forget about it.
Dec 23, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
did you do a fresh os install? latest motherboard bios?
GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory: Silicon Power 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
Mainboard: Asus Prime B550M-A
Power Supply: Gamdias 80 Kratos M1-750B Bronze
-
-
Yes i did a Fresh OS install and updated the bios on the latest version.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Memory kit is slow for a Ryzen system - the 5800X 3D is the only one that doesn't care about it.
Should be using around a 3600 kit.

2)You neglected the most important upgrade - that psu is hot trash. Couldn't find reviews on it, but this HERE has it in Tier E.
Should be using Tier B or higher. [I am no psu expert, that's why I'm relying on psu reviews/Tier lists.]

Whether both of those are related to the problem, I don't know, but #2 is a serious matter here.
You didn't include storage drives in the specs.

Dec 23, 2022
1)Memory kit is slow for a Ryzen system - the 5800X 3D is the only one that doesn't care about it.

2)You neglected the most important upgrade - that psu is hot trash. Couldn't find reviews on it, but this HERE has it in Tier E.
Should be using Tier B or higher. [I am no psu expert, that's why I'm relying on psu reviews/Tier lists.]

Whether both of those are related to the problem, I don't know, but #2 is a serious matter here.
I have a WD green 120GB SSD for the system and a 3TB HDD for other stuff. Everyone said the PSU will be fine.

Dec 23, 2022

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57704291 i did a benchmark here it says it should work fine but it isn't

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57704291 i did a benchmark here it says it should work fine but it isn't
120GB is too small for a C drive - for most users, and if it's too full, the OS will slow down, thus slowing everything else down. It's easy to exceed 80% capacity on them.
That memory is in slots A1 and B1, correct?

Everyone said the PSU will be fine.
Who is/are everyone? 'Cause that's scary to hear all these folks suggested it...

Dec 23, 2022
120GB is too small for a C drive - for most users, and if it's too full, the OS will slow down, thus slowing everything else down. It's easy to exceed 80% capacity on them.
That memory is in slots A1 and B1, correct?

Who is/are everyone? 'Cause that's scary to hear all these folks suggested it...
It's in A1 and A2

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ehh... so I guess these guys only looked at the 750w portion. Can't really blame them for that, I guess; the quality of a psu can only be determined by running actual tests. The labeling doesn't tell the whole story, and sometimes it even lies.

It's in A1 and A2
120GB is doable, but it requires the user to keep as few programs as possible off it - excluding the OS, of course. Can be annoying if all you want to do is plug it and forget about it.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes i did a Fresh OS install and updated the bios on the latest version.
Did you clear CMOS after the bios update? While the motherboard should do it automatically after the update, I've heard it doesn't always do it correctly.
Did you update the motherboard's chipset, lan, audio drivers after the OS reinstall?

Also monitor storage drive usage while playing. You might have to run in windowed mode to be able to do both.

Dec 23, 2022

I have switched the ram stick and everything is fine now thank you !

Why not in slots a2-b2 as the manual states and the majority of 4 slot boards?

Reactions: PEnns