[SOLVED] Low GPU and CPU usage causing low FPS ?

AgentAdam

Commendable
Jun 7, 2019
So I've had this problem of getting low FPS in games due to low GPU usage and CPU usage. Now I can run these games really smooth when the usage isn't low. Like for example in Battlefield V when i first downloaded it, It was completely unplayable with very low FPS due to low usage. in rare occasions when it ran with normal usage I got smooth FPS but then it was completely unplayable after this random low usage. It just happened with Modern Warfare too. Like when I installed it, everything was fine. It was normal usage and I was getting high fps, then one launch the usage is all low causing average fps of no more than 15. I was gonna show pictures with a monitor from MSI Afterburner but for some reason when I put a monitor on it makes my GPU usage go up to the high 90's giving me normal usage, buttt when I take it off, its back to the low usage. Please help. My computer is more than capable of running these games smoothly. Thank you. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

SPECS:

• CPU: RYZEN 5 2600
  • GPU: GTX 1070TI
  • RAM: 2x8 3200 MHZ (Dual Channel)
  • MOBO: ASROCK B450M PRO 4
  • POWERSUPPLY: THERMALTAKE 650 WATT
  • SSD: 500 GB
  • HDD: 1 TB

monitor you mean that OSD?
if yes, all it does is reducing interrupt time on your CPU
http://www.lucashale.com/timerresolution/TimerResolution_1.2.zip
try this app and click on maximum, then minimise it and try some games
if it resolve your issue then u will need some perma software running in background
things like mouse drivers which increase pollling rate, steam, video player...well anything which needs high precision timer running

Reactions: AgentAdam
Solution

AgentAdam

Commendable
Jun 7, 2019
monitor you mean that OSD?
if yes, all it does is reducing interrupt time on your CPU
http://www.lucashale.com/timerresolution/TimerResolution_1.2.zip
try this app and click on maximum, then minimise it and try some games
if it resolve your issue then u will need some perma software running in background
things like mouse drivers which increase pollling rate, steam, video player...well anything which needs high precision timer running
Yeah like OSD. That would explain the instances where it would randomly work and not work. I tried your solution and its surprisingly working so far. thank you! I'll keep you updated but its working as of right now. I actully see a FPS boost from when it even was normal. I appreciate it greatly :).

Yeah like OSD. That would explain the instances where it would randomly work and not work. I tried your solution and its surprisingly working so far. thank you! I'll keep you updated but its working as of right now. I actully see a FPS boost from when it even was normal. I appreciate it greatly :).
if it works, its ok then, but technically you have issue with real time clock, which could be comming from bios settings, power management settings, missing/incorrect drivers, misconfigured windows, or some 3d party app or hardware issue

that app will essentialy keep your cpu awake with frequent interrupt requests...which will raise your wattage during idle (as PC wont be idle anymore), on PC it shouldnt be an issue, on laptop it will cause fast battery drain