[SOLVED] Low GPU clock and FPS drops when playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 ?

Mar 1, 2022
I have a "good" laptop (i5 10th gen, rtx 3060) but when i play Euro Truck Simulator 2, the clock of GPU drops from 1750mhz to only 500/700mhz, and the FPS drops to 50/70 (normally it's 144). On other games like GTA or Genshin Impact i don't have that problem.

Solution
Laptop's power profile will change to power save when running it on Battery.
For optimum performance I suggest you to always use heavy tasks like games plugged in.

And sometimes I observe the laptop is not performing well if I used silent profiles, sometimes until a restart there can be a power limitation issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please parse the make and model(as well as the SKU) to your laptop? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your laptop at this moment of time? What OS are you on? If you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Side note, where did you source the game from?

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Laptop's power profile will change to power save when running it on Battery.
For optimum performance I suggest you to always use heavy tasks like games plugged in.

And sometimes I observe the laptop is not performing well if I used silent profiles, sometimes until a restart there can be a power limitation issue.

Solution