[SOLVED] Low GPU usage and low FPS while playing Apex Legends and Warzone ?

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello,

I recently bought a RX 6700xt,and I cant get past 110 fps in COD WARZONE with the lowest settings and I also cant get more than 130 fps while playing apex legends alos with the lowest settings.

While stress testing the GPU works as intended.

Power plan in windows is at ultimate performance I tryed all the amd driver fixes nothing works,while playing COD COLD WAR the game experience is very smooth with 200fps in any lobby with the gpu usage at 80 to 100%,but in this games the gpu has a very low power draw and it stay around 40-50% usage.I tryed freesync on off,powerlimit to 15% nothing happend I even tryed to put the min clock at 2500mhz no effect on the performance.

I tried reinstalling the drivers with DDU I even reinstalled windows,I also disabled all the amd feature freesync anti lag etc.

I also updated my bios with the latest version.

PS: I play only on 1980x1080 res not 2k or 4k.And the games are installed on the ssd, the gpu temps dont get higher then 60C, the cpu stay at max 55C in games 30C idle and around 30-40% usage while gaming. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help!

My pc is:
MOBO z390 MSI TOMAHAWK
750W PSU
I9-9900k with noctua cooler not OCed
RX6700xt
512M2 SAMSUNG SSD
1TB HARD
16GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Single Channel XMP profile on.

Solution
Hello,

I recently bought a RX 6700xt,and I cant get past 110 fps in COD WARZONE with the lowest settings and I also cant get more than 130 fps while playing apex legends alos with the lowest settings.

Power plan in windows is at ultimate performance I tryed all the amd driver fixes nothing works,while playing COD COLD WAR the game experience is very smooth with 200fps in any lobby with the gpu usage at 80 to 100%,but in this games the gpu has a very low power draw and it stay around 40-50% usage.I tryed freesync on off,powerlimit to 15% nothing happend I even tryed to put the min clock at 2500mhz no effect on the performance.

I tried reinstalling the drivers with DDU I even...

Lutfij

Titan
750W is the wattage of the PSU, that doesn't tell us what the make and model of your unit is(and by that it's build quality). Please include the age of the PSU as well. What GPU were you on prior to the RX 6700XT. While you're looking into things, can you check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Conversely, check and see what your OS version is(assuming you're on Windows 10). Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS?

Single channel? You're on one stick of ram?

Hello,

I tried reinstalling the drivers with DDU I even reinstalled windows,I also disabled all the amd feature freesync anti lag etc.

I also updated my bios with the latest version.

PS: I play only on 1980x1080 res not 2k or 4k.And the games are installed on the ssd, the gpu temps dont get higher then 60C, the cpu stay at max 55C in games 30C idle and around 30-40% usage while gaming. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help!

My pc is:
MOBO z390 MSI TOMAHAWK
750W PSU
I9-9900k with noctua cooler not OCed
RX6700xt
512M2 SAMSUNG SSD
1TB HARD
16GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Single Channel XMP profile on.
@Lutfij is spot on. Please answer what he asked but I am pretty sure just the single stick of ram is more than enough reason to justify the low performance.

Solution

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
750W is the wattage of the PSU, that doesn't tell us what the make and model of your unit is(and by that it's build quality). Please include the age of the PSU as well. What GPU were you on prior to the RX 6700XT. While you're looking into things, can you check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Conversely, check and see what your OS version is(assuming you're on Windows 10). Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS?

Single channel? You're on one stick of ram?

Hello thank you for the answear,my current PSU is Seasonic Focus GX-750 80+ Gold 750W sassfocgx750 I bought it with the GPU CPU and RAM 3 months ago.

My last GPU was a RX5700XT,now windows is fresh installed anyway.

My OS is installed from the microsoft site I have a Windows License on it,is also up to date version 21H1.

My bios version is the latest from the MOBO site version 7B18v1C1

Yes, I have a single stick of ram :(

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
@Lutfij is spot on. Please answer what he asked but I am pretty sure just the single stick of ram is more than enough reason to justify the low performance.
UPDATE!!

I bought some new ram 32GB Dual Channel 3600mhz the problem is solved the gpu is drawing enough power the fps diff is literaly huge.

Thank you for the help guys!

Jan 21, 2022
UPDATE!!

I bought some new ram 32GB Dual Channel 3600mhz the problem is solved the gpu is drawing enough power the fps diff is literaly huge.

Thank you for the help guys!

hey bud,

I have the same problem. And only in Apex despite Ryzen 7 3700x and an RTX 3070. Did 32GB really help even though you don't have 100% ram utilization? I have 2x8GB

hey bud,

I have the same problem. And only in Apex despite Ryzen 7 3700x and an RTX 3070. Did 32GB really help even though you don't have 100% ram utilization? I have 2x8GB
It wasn't the 32GB that helped, if you saw he had single channel RAM which hurt the performance a lot. OP chose to buy 32GB but even 16GB as you have is more than fine.

It's better if you start your own thread listing your full system specs.

TRENDING THREADS