Mar 4, 2023
Specs:
Asrock Phantom RX 6800 xt
X570 aurous elite
16gb 3600 mhz 14cl
Ryzen 7 5700x
Corsair RM850x

Problem:
During gaming, I usually only get an average of ~60% gpu usage. On the cpu, I'd get a normal cpu usage for 1440p gaming, around 15%-25%. My ram is at 77% usage. The only problem I can imagine is that something wrong with my ram/maybe too many background applications with not enough memory. What are some ways I can troubleshoot this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build?

16gb 3600 mhz 14cl
Got a link to the ram kit?

Perhaps try and run DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

Mar 4, 2023

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build?

16gb 3600 mhz 14cl

Perhaps try and run DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

It's some Patriot Viper Steel Ram that I tightened up the timings with. I've tried running the ram at its rated speed and timings (4000 mhz, 18 cl, samsung b-die) but it's given me the same result concerning the gpu usage problem and I didn't have any issues running it at 3600 mhz cl14 and it gave me better cpu performance so I kept it.

Mar 4, 2023

16gb 3600 mhz 14cl

Forgot to mention, the PSU is the 2021 version, the bios is the latest version, and I've ran DDU and installed new drivers.

TRENDING THREADS