[SOLVED] Low GPU Usage.

Jun 27, 2019
A month ago I upgraded my computer.
From 1050ti to 1070 video card.
My specs. GTX 1070, i5-7400, 8gb ddr4 ram, HDD 1000gb, 600WAT PSU, h110m-k motherboard.
I know about bottleneck. My question is why am I on a game like Apex Legends, Rainbow Six siege, Rust and so on. uses 100% cpu and around 60-80% GPU usage for that I'm happy with because I get a lot of FPS. And on fortnite 80-100% cpu and 20-30% gpu usage. Here is my problem because I do not get more than 140FPS when on other games more than 144FPS.
And one more thing. My brother has 1050 ti and i5-6400, 16gb ddr3. And he gets more than 150fps on fortnite while i get 100-120.
I updated Geforce Drivers.
Optimizated my Nvidia Control panel.
Reinstalled the game multiple times.
Using all low graphic settings on fortnite.
Vsync off. But I got 144hz monitor.
Need help. Sorry for my english.

Hi there!

Let me start off by saying that you have a pretty good build there. The 1070 and 7400 pairs up quite well so you should be expecting barely any bottlenecking here.

I can definitely tell you that the problem is your CPU and not your GPU. It's normal for your GPU's usage to be low. This depends on resolution and in-game settings. However, your CPU usage should not be running that high in any of those games. In order to help you, I need you to do a few things for me.

1. Download ADW Cleaner by Malwarebytes and wuarantine anything that shows up in the scan.

2. Update anything you can: Windows 10, all drivers (you can use Driver Booster 7 Free for this), And BIOS

3. Download HWMonitor and I need you to tell me the temperature of your CPU both when Idle im the desktop and after about half an hour in-game. I also need to know what's happening with your HDD on HWMonitor.

Let me know the results of Number 3 please. I will also need you to give me your PSU model and your RAM configuration.

Jun 27, 2019
Hi there!

Let me start off by saying that you have a pretty good build there. The 1070 and 7400 pairs up quite well so you should be expecting barely any bottlenecking here.

I can definitely tell you that the problem is your CPU and not your GPU. It's normal for your GPU's usage to be low. This depends on resolution and in-game settings. However, your CPU usage should not be running that high in any of those games. In order to help you, I need you to do a few things for me.

1. Download ADW Cleaner by Malwarebytes and wuarantine anything that shows up in the scan.

2. Update anything you can: Windows 10, all drivers (you can use Driver Booster 7 Free for this), And BIOS

3. Download HWMonitor and I need you to tell me the temperature of your CPU both when Idle im the desktop and after about half an hour in-game. I also need to know what's happening with your HDD on HWMonitor.

Let me know the results of Number 3 please. I will also need you to give me your PSU model and your RAM configuration.
Okay i let you know when i do that.

Jun 27, 2019
Hi there!

[/QUOTE

Okay sorry for being late.

Before gaming:

unknown.png

After gaming for 30min :
unknown.png

PSU Model: MPW-6001-ACABN1 . Its a cooler master product.
And theres Ram Configuration:
unknown.png

I dowloaded ADW Cleaner by Malwarebytes and wuarantined.
Updated Windows 10 . Not BIOS because its too hard for me ,tried to seach on google didint work.
I think thats it. If you need something more just ask . Thank you for helping me.

Jun 27, 2019
Okay sorry for being late.

Before gaming:
unknown.png

After gaming for 30min :
unknown.png

PSU Model: MPW-6001-ACABN1 . Its a cooler master product.
And theres Ram Configuration:
unknown.png

I dowloaded ADW Cleaner by Malwarebytes and wuarantined.
Updated Windows 10 . Not BIOS because its too hard for me ,tried to seach on google didint work.
I think thats it. If you need something more just ask . Thank you for helping me.