Dec 29, 2020
I got a pc as a gift and the specs are 3060ti msi ventus 2x OC 16 ram ryzen 5 3600 and I usualy play warzone but my frames are @ 100 with very low settings and my gpu usage is at 60 % is there anything I can doo?

Solution
I got a pc as a gift and the specs are 3060ti msi ventus 2x OC 16 ram ryzen 5 3600 and I usualy play warzone but my frames are @ 100 with very low settings and my gpu usage is at 60 % is there anything I can doo?

Yes, turn your graphical settings back up.

You are CPU limited. The Ryzen 3600 is a perfectly capable processor, but one thing it's not good at is high refresh rate gaming: it's boost clocks and IPC are too low.

By turning your graphical settings down, you decrease the load on your GPU, which increases the fps that your GPU can render. Since your CPU is responsible for pre-rendering frames and sending them to the GPU, increasing your frame rate has the side effect of making your CPU work harder. In your case, your...

Yes, turn your graphical settings back up.

You are CPU limited. The Ryzen 3600 is a perfectly capable processor, but one thing it's not good at is high refresh rate gaming: it's boost clocks and IPC are too low.

By turning your graphical settings down, you decrease the load on your GPU, which increases the fps that your GPU can render. Since your CPU is responsible for pre-rendering frames and sending them to the GPU, increasing your frame rate has the side effect of making your CPU work harder. In your case, your Ryzen 3600 has reached the point (approximately 100 fps for warzone apparently) where it is the limiting factor in your PC preventing your GPU from doing its job, causing your GPU to be underutilized.

You don't have many options when it comes to increasing your frame rate. Overclocking your CPU might lead to some gains, but realistically you need a better CPU like a Ryzen 5600X.

The best option for you that doesn't cost anything is to increase your graphical settings until your GPU utilization is close to 100% and your frame rates drop a tiny bit. This means that your GPU is now no longer being held back by your CPU. In this situation, you are getting the most frames that your CPU can provide and the best visuals that your GPU can provide.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS