Hoeghz

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
So i used to get 18-19Mh/s when mining Ethereum on ubuntu back in 2018, but i now however regardless of the miner, seem to only get around 3Mh/s, which is very poor compared to before. I've got a Zotac Geforce Gtx 980 Ti with 6gb. I've tried using the nvidia drivers 460, 450 and 390, but they all provide the same hashrate. Is there a problem which can be resolved or is a 980 Ti really that uneffective now?

Solution
Most crypto currencies have difficulties that scale with network hash rate to keep the average block discovery rate relatively constant, so the hash rate of any given GPU or ASIC will inevitably get worse over time from rising network capacity and associated difficulty.

ETH difficulty has increased by almost 4X since early 2018, so your hash rate went down by at least 4X, completely normal. This is also part of the reason why large-scale miners rush to upgrade to new GPUs whenever something more cost-effective comes along.

InvalidError

Titan
Most crypto currencies have difficulties that scale with network hash rate to keep the average block discovery rate relatively constant, so the hash rate of any given GPU or ASIC will inevitably get worse over time from rising network capacity and associated difficulty.

ETH difficulty has increased by almost 4X since early 2018, so your hash rate went down by at least 4X, completely normal. This is also part of the reason why large-scale miners rush to upgrade to new GPUs whenever something more cost-effective comes along.

Solution