Low Nvidia Graphics Performance

anjum.brunoab

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I am not getting fps of games as i was earlier. I have played games like watch dogs, GTA V, Max Payne 3 and many more. But now, no game is running smoothly. Please help me out.

Solution

That temp is going up close to the point where the system will slow down to prevent damage. Take it apart, re-do the heatsink with new thermal paste, make sure fans and vents are clean. Also make sure you install the drivers for it from HP.

anjum.brunoab

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I am having a HP laptop. i5 4th generation. 12gb ram 3.1 ghz . Nvidia GeForce gt 820m 2gb.
Everything was running smoothly but suddenly this problem came up. I re installed my windows but nothing helped.

That is a very slow video card for games like what you listed, what settings are you running on? Lower resolution and settings, see how that works. Did you install drivers from HP after you re-installed Windows? Also check how hot the system gets with HWMonitor during gaming.

anjum.brunoab

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
temperature goes to 90 degree...... and about slow video card. i was playing it earlier and it was all good.... i don't Know how but i played these games on my laptop for 2 years..... m facing these problem since now only....

That temp is going up close to the point where the system will slow down to prevent damage. Take it apart, re-do the heatsink with new thermal paste, make sure fans and vents are clean. Also make sure you install the drivers for it from HP.

Solution