Question Low performance and Fps in League and other programs (GTX 1080)

Jan 12, 2023
Hi there!

I have been struggling with running league of legends and many more games and software on my pc, It has the following specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI x470 gaming pro carbon
2tb Nvme Kingston Fury Renegade
1tb Nvme Samsung 970evo
32gb 3600mhz ddr4 ram Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB.
Asus Strix GTX 1080
Fractual design 850w PSU
Svive Luna s700 case

This Pc used to be able to run all games without any issues all the till mid 2022, Its been with me since 2019 and it served me well without any issues.

Lately I bought some nice nvme to be my main drive and to replace my old hard drive. its a 2TB Kingston Fury renegade. I got a fresh install of windows and
also redownloaded lots of games including Lol.

I also reapplied thermal paste and bought 3 extra fans to fill out the case totalling to 6 fans + 1 psu fan, I currently have the Corsair H100x 240mm AIO, ever
since I did that my thermals got way better and dropped to 30 degrees Celsius, since before I used to idle at 50+ degrees Celsius.

Now I noticed that the thermals got worse again (I changed thermal paste a month ago 12/22) now as of writing this I am at 60 degrees and all I have running.
is the league client, discord and opera gx to write this post. Ps. I'm on 20% usage on my cpu.

In terms of settings, I have every performance increasing setting enabled both in windows and the nvidia control panel, with max performance power plan.
So far everything is up to date.

I noticed that the Tctl on my cpu gets way hotter than the rest of the sensors. It usually sits above with a minimum of 10 degrees. i would like to also mention
that my room is pretty cold all the time since I live in a cold area and I always have my window opened.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi there!

I have been struggling with running league of legends and many more games and software on my pc, It has the following specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI x470 gaming pro carbon
2tb Nvme Kingston Fury Renegade
1tb Nvme Samsung 970evo
32gb 3600mhz ddr4 ram Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB.
Asus Strix GTX 1080
Fractual design 850w PSU
Svive Luna s700 case

This Pc used to be able to run all games without any issues all the till mid 2022, Its been with me since 2019 and it served me well without any issues.

Lately I bought some nice nvme to be my main drive and to replace my old hard drive. its a 2TB Kingston Fury renegade. I got a fresh install of windows and
also redownloaded lots of games including Lol.

I also reapplied thermal paste and bought 3 extra fans to fill out the case totalling to 6 fans + 1 psu fan, I currently have the Corsair H100x 240mm AIO, ever
since I did that my thermals got way better and dropped to 30 degrees Celsius, since before I used to idle at 50+ degrees Celsius.

Now I noticed that the thermals got worse again (I changed thermal paste a month ago 12/22) now as of writing this I am at 60 degrees and all I have running.
is the league client, discord and opera gx to write this post. Ps. I'm on 20% usage on my cpu.

In terms of settings, I have every performance increasing setting enabled both in windows and the nvidia control panel, with max performance power plan.
So far everything is up to date.

I noticed that the Tctl on my cpu gets way hotter than the rest of the sensors. It usually sits above with a minimum of 10 degrees. i would like to also mention
that my room is pretty cold all the time since I live in a cold area and I always have my window opened.
How hot does the CPU get under load? Anyone feel free to correct me here but it looks like that CPU only supports 20 PCIe lanes which mean a PCIe3.0 x16 and PCIe3.0x4 configuration. NVME M.2 ssds actually use x4 lanes each. So, with 2 drives you are using x8 leaving only x12 lanes for your GPU. You are bandwidth limited.

Jan 12, 2023
How hot does the CPU get under load? Anyone feel free to correct me here but it looks like that CPU only supports 20 PCIe lanes which mean a PCIe3.0 x16 and PCIe3.0x4 configuration. NVME M.2 ssds actually use x4 lanes each. So, with 2 drives you are using x8 leaving only x12 lanes for your GPU. You are bandwidth limited.
OMG you are such a saviour!!!! I completely forgot about the pcie lanes I will stress test the cpu and see how hot it gets. I think cinabench should do the trick.

But if this is the case then this means I messed up with this upgrade. What do u think is the best course of action for me?

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
OMG you are such a saviour!!!! I completely forgot about the pcie lanes I will stress test the cpu and see how hot it gets. I think cinabench should do the trick.

But if this is the case then this means I messed up with this upgrade. What do u think is the best course of action for me?
If your CPU isnt overheating, then probably use your best nvme on your board and use the other in another system or via a usb converter. Depends on what you want done honestly.

TRENDING THREADS