pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
Hello, i have an issue with the gaming performance on my pc , my specs are
intel i5 7500 3.6ghz
ram 2x8gb corsair 2400hz
gigabyte b250m-ds3h
rtx 2060 super aorus
I already know that between my cpu and gpu there's a bottleneck. The games i play and i basicaly have the issues is Pugb , Apex and Cod MW. Even if i low the options of the graphics card on the game , the fps never change and i have the same drop as before. About 3 months ago , i didnt have any issue like that with the Apex. With pubg , i got that problem since i got that graphics card. For example when i play apex , the fps can be on 144 (cause i locked it on 144 fps because of my monitor) and while i am playing my screen is stuttering very often , but not all the time and the fps are stable, there is no drop. From the other hand, on pubg, i didn't lock the fps and its always about 90-100fps even if the options are on ultra or low. That stuttering is annoying. It's not the drivers , everything is up to date. I tried a few things from the youtube and nothing changed so i reseted all the changes. ( I noticed that every time i am playing those games , my cpu is 100% on task manager, i tried to check the tempreture of the cpu and its about 70c, which i think is normal , or not?)

Solution
70C is not overly warm, and not near what would cause any throttling...

Assuming you've not picked up any malware, and no botched drivers and/or WIndows updates exist...(sometimes a complete fresh quick format/reinstall can cure in 10 minutes what might have taken hours to eventually undertake)

You can possibly find i5-7400/RTX2060 Super samples of performance in assorted games on Youtube, to establish if your rig seems functional in what games you can compare them with....

The i5-7400, at only 4 threads, might simply not be capable of high enough frame rates for stutter free 144 Hz gaming....; I'd try a 60 Hz monitor and at least see if potential 'dropping sync/issues disappear... (Certainly some games are more CPU...

Assuming you've not picked up any malware, and no botched drivers and/or WIndows updates exist...(sometimes a complete fresh quick format/reinstall can cure in 10 minutes what might have taken hours to eventually undertake)

You can possibly find i5-7400/RTX2060 Super samples of performance in assorted games on Youtube, to establish if your rig seems functional in what games you can compare them with....

The i5-7400, at only 4 threads, might simply not be capable of high enough frame rates for stutter free 144 Hz gaming....; I'd try a 60 Hz monitor and at least see if potential 'dropping sync/issues disappear... (Certainly some games are more CPU dependent/sensitive than others, but with even the 7600K and 9100 often struggling and/or failing to maintain 60 fps minimums in some of the newest games, the 7400 will naturally lag somewhat even further)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJhtmsohbw4&t=541s

Solution

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015

The i5-7400, at only 4 threads, might simply not be capable of high enough frame rates for stutter free 144 Hz gaming....; I'd try a 60 Hz monitor and at least see if potential 'dropping sync/issues disappear... (Certainly some games are more CPU dependent/sensitive than others, but with even the 7600K and 9100 often struggling and/or failing to maintain 60 fps minimums in some of the newest games, the 7400 will naturally lag somewhat even further)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJhtmsohbw4&t=541s
So ,which is my best solution. Should i go for a better cpu. If yes, which could be the best ? Should i go for amd or intel , maybe in budget of 500euros. Cause i tried the reinstalling of the windows. But nothing. I think that if i turn the screen into 60hz , the money i spent for the monitor and the graphics card will be wasted , dont you think ?