Question Lower FPS in games after reinstalling Windows

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi. So I had some issues and had to reinstall Windows. Before that, I had 100-200 FPS in CSGO in benchmark tests. Now I have 60-70 and nothing above that. I firstly installed chipset then GPU drivers, tried to uninstall them in DDU in safe mode, installed them again and FPS is again the same, 60-70. When I was on AMD site I didn't chose "Auto-Detect" but I chose right driver for my APU. What should I do? Thanks in advance. PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 2400G
Radeon RX Vega 11 (iGPU)
16GB G.Skill 3000MHz RAM (2x8)
Motherboard ASUS A320M-K

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Are you certainly sure that you've used same settings in CS:GO as before?

Yes, I'm 100% sure. Even on Very High the FPS was not under 100.
I downgraded the driver and FPS was better than ever, but now I have a problem, a HUGE one.
When I play games for about 10-15 minutes, the solid green screen appears, no BSOD's, no restarts, nothing. Just green screen. I don't believe it's because driver because this was happening to me even before reinstalling Windows. I will try to reset CMOS then I will tell you.

If i may ask from where have you installed chipset drivers?
If you can try older ones, especially from DVD if you have , you can update the IGPU's driver after you see if its working with the stock one to be sure its driver thingy.
In my instance, the newest software like Realtek Audio panel would not work on Asus Maximus, until i asked someone on forum to upload whole dvd of it, then it worked.
No matter which chipset or driver i've used in combination..

Have you tried to just install GPU drivers without any other driver?

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
If i may ask from where have you installed chipset drivers?
If you can try older ones, especially from DVD if you have , you can update the IGPU's driver after you see if its working with the stock one to be sure its driver thingy.
In my instance, the newest software like Realtek Audio panel would not work on Asus Maximus, until i asked someone on forum to upload whole dvd of it, then it worked.
No matter which chipset or driver i've used in combination..

Have you tried to just install GPU drivers without any other driver?

I first installed newest chipset driver from AMD site, then iGPU driver from the same site. I even don't know if I had a chipset driver on my previous Windows, I just know that everything worked fine before the BIOS update. Sadly, for some reason I can't downgrade it. I'm afraid because I don't know if it's BIOS, RAM or driver issue because I installed new G.Skill RAM a couple of days ago and I decided to upgrade the BIOS just so it is up to date.
Does DDU removes chipset driver? First, I will try to clear CMOS and then remove all drivers then install just GPU one. Thanks.

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
I don't know what to do anymore exactly... The only thing that is left is that I got to mess with BIOS settings, voltages, timings, frequency...

Last edited:

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
No. This is gone too far. Resetted the CMOS, ran benchmark test and now PC automatically restarts itself during a benchmark. Is there any hope? PLEASE help people... I don't want to buy more expensive parts, I have spent too much money on this. Thanks.