[SOLVED] LTE or Satellite internet ok for gaming? Comparison inside.

rc001

Honorable
Feb 13, 2018
Hey everyone. I don't know a whole ton about the different kinds of internet's or what is acceptable or not in terms of what can be good for gaming but I'm currently with Bell and the download is terrible. I typically download at a MAXIMUM of 600kb/S. I'll list what my options are below and if anyone can give me some insight into the types of internet and if it's worth switching. I'd appreciate it very much!

BELL - Up to5 MbpsDownload speed | Up to680 kbpsUpload speed | UnlimitedMonthly usage | Wi-Fi internet. (Again I only get 600KB/S at it's best and that's not often.)

Xplornet - Up to 25 Mbps² + Unlimited data with DATAXTEND | Satellite internet.

Xplornet - Up to 25 Mbps download² | UNLIMITED DATA | LTE internet.

I'm not sure if it matters much but I'm in rural Canada. There's not a lot around me and probably 70 houses within a good 20KM. I use my internet every day almost all day for not only gaming but streaming and chatting as well. Thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Hey everyone. I don't know a whole ton about the different kinds of internet's or what is acceptable or not in terms of what can be good for gaming but I'm currently with Bell and the download is terrible. I typically download at a MAXIMUM of 600kb/S. I'll list what my options are below and if anyone can give me some insight into the types of internet and if it's worth switching. I'd appreciate it very much!

BELL - Up to5 MbpsDownload speed | Up to680 kbpsUpload speed | UnlimitedMonthly usage | Wi-Fi internet. (Again I only get 600KB/S at it's best and that's not often.)

Xplornet - Up to 25 Mbps² + Unlimited data with DATAXTEND | Satellite internet.

Xplornet - Up to 25 Mbps download² | UNLIMITED DATA | LTE internet.

I'm not sure if it matters much but I'm in rural Canada. There's not a lot around me and probably 70 houses within a good 20KM. I use my internet every day almost all day for not only gaming but streaming and chatting as well. Thanks in advance!
Satellite does not work formost gaming. The time it takes to go to a geostationary satellite and back to the ground, it too long. Your pings are in severak hundreds of milliseconds, Here is an article on gaming on satellite -- https://www.talia.net/gaming-satellite-internet/
LTE can work, but may not be consistent for ping times.