Luxury Android Phone Maker: Win Phone 8 is 'Too Complex'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
so they can charge $20k for an average phone because it sparkles a bit, but they cant be bothered to make a WP8 version because its 'too hard'? lol...

G

I guess they're just as lazy and spoiled as the people they cater to... #WP8Domination2014

mrmez

Splendid
Not surprising, really.

The last stats I could find show "Windows phone" with ~2.5% market share, vs. nearly 70% for Android.

Obvious business decision is obvious.

G

Yup, Vertu doesn't have much faith in WP8 platform, so they just say "we are too stupid to make one and would rather earn stupid amounts of money with Android than to risk with WP8"

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
A Win 8 phone is like an Android that hasn't been potty trained. When you try using it, all you find is $h!t all over the place and not really at all self-contained.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]A Win 8 phone is like an Android that hasn't been potty trained. When you try using it, all you find is $h!t all over the place and not really at all self-contained.[/citation]

Yes, MS always relied on its industry partners for feedback. But now that they are going it on their own with their own echo-system it is a steep learning curve. I think MS will eventually get it.... but I'm not sure if they will succeed even then due to the cost. Win phones are not competitive for people who do not buy without a contract. If they had offered a good solid phone for 300 bucks, they would be looking better, but trying to sell a W8 phone for almost twice the price of the Nexus 4 (without a contract) just isn't working out for them.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Windows needs to offer a phone with advertisements or something to compete with Google. I bought a new phone last month and wanted a Win 8 phone, but I do not do "contracts" so the cost was 250 more than then Nexus 4. MS can't compete with that much price disparity.

mrmez

Splendid
Windows Phone will be like Windows OS.

Every few years it will be "completely redesigned from the ground up", irritating the living $h!t out of everyone who is just used to everything "working"

balev

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I highly doubt that, "it's too complex," is the actual reason. It's more likely the MS policy on regulating their phones. Where's their Apple version? Oh, they don't have one. I wonder why...

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]A Win 8 phone is like an Android that hasn't been potty trained. When you try using it, all you find is $h!t all over the place and not really at all self-contained.[/citation]

So is your wise and well thought-out comment made from personal experience, or are you just regurgitating other people's opinions? I made the switch from Android to WP8 about a month ago, and so for I'm loving every minute of it.

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
I get only frustration since I switched last week on WP8. There is not even "SMS delivery report" in WP8, of course it's annoying, now I would really hate to pay 20K for a phone and not have "SMS delivery report". Fortunately my Android device is still here :)

[citation][nom]bujcri[/nom]I get only frustration since I switched last week on WP8. There is not even "SMS delivery report" in WP8, of course it's annoying, now I would really hate to pay 20K for a phone and not have "SMS delivery report". Fortunately my Android device is still here[/citation]

Of course it has SMS delivery reports! Settings->applications->messaging->SMS delivery confirmation. You are either trolling or haven't bothered to try and look for it.

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
Of course it has SMS delivery reports! Settings->applications->messaging->SMS delivery confirmation. You are either trolling or haven't bothered to try and look for it.

Well, I guess your phone is WP7. WP8 does not have it.

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]Using an HTC 8S, fully updated with latest version of WP8. Look again, you must have missed it.[/citation]

That option is missing from my Lumia 920 from ATT.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]Using an HTC 8S, fully updated with latest version of WP8. Look again, you must have missed it.[/citation]
I'm running WP7.8 on a Lumia 710 and I just found the option and turned it on, so clearly it's on both.

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
I'm running WP7.8 on a Lumia 710 and I just found the option and turned it on, so clearly it's on both.
As I said, I know it's on WP7, I read about it, but not on Lumia with WP8. At least not on mine. Should I post a photo to convince you?

Status
Not open for further replies.