Luxury Android Phone Maker: Win Phone 8 is 'Too Complex'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Vertu have sold 260k or more ridiculously expensive phones, they are hand crafted immensely opulent phones, for the rich.

its like buying a watch, you can get a casio for 20 bucks, a Timex for 200 and a rolex for thousands, Vertu is like a Rolex, completely unnecessary but wanted by the rich!

[citation][nom]bujcri[/nom]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?res [...] QcmjnTC2z4[/citation]

You're 100% right, it isn't there. My apologies. It must be a carrier problem or setting then, because I definitely have it and I've used it.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Vertu is only for people that can`t walk around with a billboard saying they have so much money that they can wipe their ass with them so they pay 10000$ for a 200$ phone instead.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Even Jelly Bean was too complex to handle for them apparently !

But they don't need to be afraid, there are enough dumb people outside ready to spend fortunes for the car with the worst engine you can think of as long as it has shiny silver, fake wood and diamonds everywhere.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
The persons who can actually afford this phone dont troll around on news websites having Phones OS pissing contests, so unless your going to take out a second mortgage or start selling your ass to afford the phone leave it be. Quite frankly I could care less about what OS is on a Gold and Diamond encrusted phone, you get it because its gold and diamond encrusted,not because it can play Angry Brids lol.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]You're 100% right, it isn't there. My apologies. It must be a carrier problem or setting then, because I definitely have it and I've used it.[/citation]
Its on my 920 - bought unlocked and carrier-limitations free.
Why carriers screw with things they have no need to alter is stupid.

[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Its on my 920 - bought unlocked and carrier-limitations free.Why carriers screw with things they have no need to alter is stupid.[/citation]

Fully agreed. My MMS's are not working for the same reason. I have to manually enter the APN information, and so far it still won't send MMS's.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
wonder how much of the nearly $2billion M$ft marketing (PR damage control campaign) is spent on forum shills like those padding votes in this thread.

eidol

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Vertu has long been known for making expensive phones that are five years behind the technology curve. Why would their opinion on an OS be relevant to anyone?

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bujcri[/nom]That option is missing from my Lumia 920 from ATT.[/citation]It's there on my Lumia 822 on Verizon. I'm going to agree that it's probably a carrier issue. It's definitely supported in WP8 - I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for your AT&T phone.[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]Fully agreed. My MMS's are not working for the same reason. I have to manually enter the APN information, and so far it still won't send MMS's.[/citation] It's very rare that you should need to do this, and it might be the source of your problems. When I first got my Lumia 822 up and running on Verizon, it wouldn't send or recieve MMS. SMS was fine. I almost started tinkering around with manual APN settings, but then someone suggested powering it off and back on. Possibly I didn't allow enough time between powering off my old phone and getting the new one on the network.

I powered the phone off (I had to pull the battery anyway to install my shiney new memory card), and everything was fine after that, in fact the phone has been flawless ever since. I'd suggest you set everything back to auto and power it off and back on, and see if that helps.

[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]I'd suggest you set everything back to auto and power it off and back on, and see if that helps.[/citation]

Nope, the phone's been powered on and off several times, I've had it for a month now. It's a known problem with my carrier (Vodacom SA) and Windows Phone.

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Doesn't say a lot for Vertu, seeing as my 2+ year old single-core 1st gen WP7 handset still runs smooth as butter no matter what I throw at it.

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
The missing "delivery report" is indeed AT&T's fault. I managed to de-brand my Nokia Lumia 920 and with the new firmware came also the missing option.

[citation][nom]bujcri[/nom]The missing "delivery report" is indeed AT&T's fault. I managed to de-brand my Nokia Lumia 920 and with the new firmware came also the missing option.[/citation]
Glad you got it fixed. Hope this will improve your opinion of WP8 somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.