[SOLVED] M.2 NVMe ssd not deteted in b450 Aorus pro (bios / windows installer)

Aug 31, 2019
I have setup a new pc with the following specs:
CPU : ryzen 3600.
MOBO : B450 Aorus Pro with bios version 42a.
RAM : 16 gb ddr4 300 mhz
GPU : RX 5700 xt Thicc II
SSD : Crucial P1 1000gb NVMe m.2

No other storage devices are conneted to the pc when i try to update windows to the ssd. In bios and windows updater (setup as bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10) the ssd is not detected at all

Solution
Bios usually needs to be in UEFI mode, fastboot disabled, and Secure Boot set to Other OS. The setting for CSM usually needs to be off but on some motherbd's it needs to be on.

You should be using UEFI installation media. DVD's usually aren't UEFI unless specifically made to be. Hopefully you creaed a USB Flash drive using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool.

You mention 'Update Windows to the SSD'; what do you mean by this?
I initially thought this was a fresh install but in looking back you could also mean cloning a previous install.

popatim

Titan
Bios usually needs to be in UEFI mode, fastboot disabled, and Secure Boot set to Other OS. The setting for CSM usually needs to be off but on some motherbd's it needs to be on.

You should be using UEFI installation media. DVD's usually aren't UEFI unless specifically made to be. Hopefully you creaed a USB Flash drive using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool.

I initially thought this was a fresh install but in looking back you could also mean cloning a previous install.

Solution
Aug 31, 2019

I am trying to do a fresh windows installation to the ssd. Secure boot has no option like other os it just gives me the option to set it to standard or custom. The windows install usb is a UFEI installation media with i made using rufus following a tutorial.