Question M.2 NVMe SSD not showing up ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 6, 2022
i’m installed the crucial 3.0 nvme m.2 ssd and it doesn’t show up on my file explorer. i turned on the raid settings and m.2 octane genie and it doesn’t let me boot windows. it only lets me boot windows when i turn it off, back to ahci. pls help!!

Sep 6, 2022
OK...

Find where it is installed on the HDD, and copy that whole folder tree to a space on the new SSD.
Then, tell the Steam client where that is.

Or, just reinstall it through Steam. Unless you have very limited bandwidth, this is probably the easiest.
okay, i moved it to the new ssd. the rest of all my games and files are in my sata ssd.
can’t i just clone my sata ssd now? i have the software for it
View: https://imgur.com/a/sDKbIdA

USAFRet

Titan
1. Did you:
Power OFF
Physically disconnect the old SSD
Power UP, and allow the system to boot from ONLY the new SSD?
If not, do that now.

2. No, you cannot clone from the HDD to the new NVMe. As said earlier, cloning WILL wipe out everything ont he target drive.

Sep 6, 2022
1. Did you:
Power OFF
Physically disconnect the old SSD
Power UP, and allow the system to boot from ONLY the new SSD?
If not, do that now.

2. No, you cannot clone from the HDD to the new NVMe. As said earlier, cloning WILL wipe out everything ont he target drive.
  1. "cloning WILL wipe out everything on the target drive." there's nothing on the target drive, also you misread my question. i said sata ssd not the hdd
  2. okay i will turn off my pc, disconnect the ssd and hdd and see what will happen

USAFRet

Titan
yes i am, i wil transfer everything from sata ssd to new ssd, delete everything from hdd and give both to her
okay, i moved it to the new ssd. the rest of all my games and files are in my sata ssd.
can’t i just clone my sata ssd now? i have the software for it
OK, I think you did this backwards.

You need to clone the OS drive to the new SSD.
Old SATA SSD -> new NVMe SSD.

What, exactly, have you already done?
Step by step, please.

USAFRet

Titan
hi, i went over my plan with my familys and we decided on giving her a new motherboard so she can have the new ssd. i will be keeping my old ssd and hdd. my final question is how will i boot windows once i put the nvme ssd in her pc?
So, that new NVMe and new motherboard will need a whole new OS install.

Just like this:

TRENDING THREADS