hod17956

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, ty for trying to help me out, so I got this chinese QIYIDA D4 X99 Motherboard with a Xeon in it, works perfectly fine, but I got the money for a m.2 SSD so I bought a Transcend TS512GMTE220S 512GB PCIE, and for some reason in the Bios and even in Windows its not detected, but I realized that the MB had some pins which I can short,
I am not sure where to go with them so I am here to get the help from people who are more experienced in this then I am.

xZ8kayk.jpg

Solution
Which M2 slot did you use?
Did it come with a manual?
I will give it a guess - put the M2 into slot M2-1
Do not use any disk drives in sata 2 and 3 and move the jumper listed m2-1 sata 2,3
Let us know if it is recognized.

hod17956

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
To use a PCIe drive, you short across 1 & 2.
That would be reading from right to left in your pic, so the rightmost 2 pins.
Great I will try it, but I have one more question, this motherboard has 4 Sata connectors, would this disable some of them ? Since I am already using 3 sata drives so I would be interested.

Which M2 slot did you use?
Did it come with a manual?
I will give it a guess - put the M2 into slot M2-1
Do not use any disk drives in sata 2 and 3 and move the jumper listed m2-1 sata 2,3
Let us know if it is recognized.

Solution

hod17956

Reputable
Mar 19, 2018
To use a PCIe drive, you short across 1 & 2.
That would be reading from right to left in your pic, so the rightmost 2 pins.
well this did not work, the ssd was not recognized, and my gpu was switching on and off so its guess its because of the pcie jumper, I put every pin back to factory now I'll try the other method the from the other answer, but thanks.

werther595

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
pcpartpicker.com
This is a brilliant solution! I was all set to buy a MSI B550M Mortar until I saw that using the second m.2 drive disables the PCIe x4. I'd gladly give up all of the SATA ports and/or the PCIe x1, but I really want to be able to use 2 nvme drives and the second full-sized PCIe slot. The jumper system seems to give users control over how their limited PCIe lanes are utilized.