Thebro40

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
I recently bought a samsung 970 EVO 500gb m.2 ssd and plugged it in my pc. Its not recognized under the storage devices tab on my uefi simple mode page. If i go to Advanced> NVME configuration it shows up as a samsung 970 EVO 500gb, but i cant change anything .Although it shows up in windows 10 disk management as disk 0 unallocated space.
My motherboard is asrock z170 pro4s and besides the ssd i have one 2tb hdd and one 1 tb hdd.

Edit: My uefi version is not the latest

Last edited:
Solution
I recently found a solution for my problem. I couldn't and still can't boot into my ssd, but i can boot into windows boot manager. In the easy seaction of the uefi it said that #1 boot priority is windows boot manager, but when i went into advanced mode and settings i found out its #2, so i changed it and the problem went away.
I recently bought a samsung 970 EVO 500gb m.2 ssd and plugged it in my pc. Its not recognized under the storage devices tab on my uefi simple mode page. If i go to Advanced> NVME configuration it shows up as a samsung 970 EVO 500gb, but i cant change anything .Although it shows up in windows 10 disk management as disk 0 unallocated space.
My motherboard is asrock z170 pro4s and besides the ssd i have one 2tb hdd and one 1 tb hdd.

Edit: My uefi version is not the latest
From the MB's manual
"Please be noted that if the Ultra M.2 Socket (M2 _1) is occupied by a SATA-ty pe M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled. "
So try without disks connected to those SATA ports

Although it shows up in windows 10 disk management as disk 0 unallocated space.
What do you want to do with 970 evo?
Use it as secondary storage? Then initialize it, create partition and format it.

Or do you want to move windows to it and use as boot drive?
Then either clone current OS drive (if contents of OS drive can fit onto 970 evo) or perform clean install of windows onto 970 evo (disconnect other drives during install).

Thebro40

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
From the MB's manual
"Please be noted that if the Ultra M.2 Socket (M2 _1) is occupied by a SATA-ty pe M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled. "
So try without disks connected to those SATA ports
Doesn't that mean that if the m.2 slot is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device rather than a nvme-type drive (like my samsung ssd), it would disable the sata ports?

Thebro40

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
I recently found a solution for my problem. I couldn't and still can't boot into my ssd, but i can boot into windows boot manager. In the easy seaction of the uefi it said that #1 boot priority is windows boot manager, but when i went into advanced mode and settings i found out its #2, so i changed it and the problem went away.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS