Apr 18, 2018
Hello

I have a

Asus z-370-f gaming
SSD Crucial 250gb
SSD m2
i9-9700
GSkill sniper 2x8gb at 1800MZ

Recently, I tried to run XMP on my motherboard, and after 3 fail boot, I decided to revert the changes, I pressed the reset to default on the BIOS.

The problem, is that my SSD m2 just disappeared from the computer, I do not see it in the Bios and in windows.

I tried to go trough the bios finding some setting and over the internet, but no success.

Do someone have an idea on how to make it pop again ?

My windows is on the Crucial, not the m2, so everything boot correctly, but i lost 500gb of storage and the game that were installed on it

Solution
Take out the CMOD battery for 5 minutes and turn off hte PSU switch. Then put back battery and if you have to go to BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized defaults and see if you can get the M.2 going again.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU? Might want to see what version of BIOS you're currently running on. You've also generically stated the other SSD as SSD m2, what is it's make and model? Some SSD's need a firmware update and some also need a driver to be installed in order for them to run optimally. One example is the Samsung M.2's needing an NVMe driver installed for it to run optimally.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Take out the CMOD battery for 5 minutes and turn off hte PSU switch. Then put back battery and if you have to go to BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized defaults and see if you can get the M.2 going again.

Solution