Question m2 multiboot error galore with Aomei partitioning?

grokodillus

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
so i was trying to resize a partition with Aomei partition assistant(on a multiboot system) and everything seemed to work ok(except it had to fix some error on the next os partition), but after rebooting, it only gave me the "your device needs to be repaired 0xc0000225" error and "winload.exe missing" after pressing F8 for startup options or smth... (just "Enter" did not work)

i obviously did not actually check if it even supports the new m2 drive or not, but here i read that it should?:
https://www.diskpart.com/clone/clone-m.2-sata-to-m.2-nvme-7201.html

atm it just loads the last Os that i used when i press F9 to choose "boot another os" from that bluescreen error page...
and it also seems to have added like 1MB of new partition in the beginning of the whole disk or smth... so maybe thats why it cant find the other ones now?

so how can i get my bootloader back and get everything back up and running...

or maybe i should try couple of these from here?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJUcmDxeX8

thanks

so how can i get my bootloader back and get everything back up and running...
If you just resize a partition, then that's not a problem. But you most likely moved it also.
Then bootloader needs to be repaired after this.

To fix it, you boot from windows installation media and fix bootloader.
bcdboot C:\windows /s H:
( C: - windows partition, H: - bootloader partition. Drive letters in windows recovery environment can be different. Not necessary C: and H: )

grokodillus

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
ok, but what does that /s flag do?
and it actually is even more complicated, because it always changes the drive letters in every OS that you currently load up in the multiboot system?
so which one should even be the bootloader partition... or maybe i can check that with a linux live cd? (or from win own recovery mode somehow?)
or i just try those /fixmbr commands first from that yt video?

ok, but what does that /s flag do?
so which one should even be the bootloader partition... or maybe i can check that with a linux live cd?
/s flag specifies bootloader partition.
You can omit /s flag , then command tries to locate bootloader partition automatically. But not always successfully.
Bootloader is usually small 100MB - 500MB partition.

You can find drive letters with diskpart:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
list volume

grokodillus

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
well... i even had like grub as the main bootloader, but windows somehow managed its own loader inside the win10 partition, so would that mbr or other boot fix even work now... or do i have to fix the grub loader after win10 loader fix then... (the grub does load up as usual tho, but it just halts with that blue screen after i select the win10 partition where all of the win os-es are located somehow...)

Last edited:

grokodillus

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
when i do the /scanos command, then it says that it only found 1 os on d:\windows, but when i tried the same thing on a working multiboot system(only win oses), then it said that it found 0 os, but that is actually known to be totally 'normal' for this tool/command, so maybe the 1 os situation is not normal, but how can i fix it the most easy way then... and i probably cant make any volumes active or smth, because then it will ruin the grub partition somehow?

grokodillus

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
well... could i just try to resize 2 of the partitions even more or would i still need to fix the mbr first and only then i can resize some partitions again?
and maybe i should just paste in the regular /fixmbr etc commands anyway and it will just fix everything as it was before? (because the /scanos report is just having its normal bug or smth...)