Question M2 SSD Locked

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I have installed M2 SSDs before, but this was my first experience attempting to reformat a locked SSD. Picked it up used, installed it, and it was locked. After filling a few online guides that didn't work, I ended up using 3rd party software to delete the drive and format it. I will post details when I get home. I may has tweaked a few settings (being stupid) following directions that messed things up.

Anyway, on the path of attempting to unlock this SSD, and all I wanted to do was wipe it and use it, I messed up Windows 10. I now cannot I stall updates. In addition, when I attempt to manage storage from device manager, it stalls and I can no longer view or work with and of my hard drives. This remains true even after I removed the M2 SSD.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Micron M600 M2 256GB 12/25/2016.

$10 SSD picked up used.

Locked with an unknown history. It was secured with BitLocker.

Rather than asking here when I first encountered a problem, I started reading and trying things. Nothing seemed to work. I eventually used some AOMEI utility and was able to delete and reformat the drive.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
My issue is now Windows 10 not updating and Disk Management not Connecting to Virtual Disk Service. The SSD is now erased and formatted, and as far as I know, working fine. I think Bitlocker was preventing me from doing a secure erase.

But could there be security settings that were present on Bitlocker that, after installing the SSD, have messed with security settings that prevent me from updating Windows and running Disk Management?

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
VDS will not start, with several different approaches, currently set to Manual in Services, hangs on starting. ulib.dll will not work. SFC /Scannow does not work. Just noticed that that Regedit also will not load; I'm getting a bad image message. All HDDs are removed now except the SSD that the OS was installed on.

I have not tried booting in safe mode and attempting anything.