MA610P noise problem

Nov 14, 2018
Hello, I bought a Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P, and it makes a weird noise. I posted a video about it to reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/coolermaster/comments/9x28d4/ma610p_problem/

It's like some resonance, especially when I start a game, but it also makes this noise while playing, or randomly, while I browsing. It makes the sound around 700-900 rpm. I think it makes this noise when the speed is changing.

Is this normal, or should I send it back to the shop?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would agree sounds like vibration noise or bearing, although I didn't hear anything like that in testing 3 different versions of that cooler, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'm leaning more towards bearing because it does have a distinctive raspy rattle that failing bearings make when spun up and down at speeds.

Aeacus

Champion
Ambassador
Sounds like vibration noise or it could be fan bearing as well. If it's vibration noise, look if you can get the fan more secured, e.g add rubber cushions between fan and heatsink. If it's bearing noise, replace the fan.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would agree sounds like vibration noise or bearing, although I didn't hear anything like that in testing 3 different versions of that cooler, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'm leaning more towards bearing because it does have a distinctive raspy rattle that failing bearings make when spun up and down at speeds.

ASK THE COMMUNITY