[SOLVED] MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020 Won't Charge

LuckyHood

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
I bought a MacBook Pro like a month ago. It's a 13 inch, 2020. It worked normally but the only thing that concerned me it's that when it was plugged when you touched its surface it was giving off electrostatic energy. And today it won't charge what so ever, in any port, I have to mention that the charger works, I tried it on a different device.

Solution
The static/vibrating feel happened on my 2019 MBP. the trick was to use a plug that has a ground connection and it wont do that anymore. In the US/Canada, it's the one with 3 prongs on it. Apple for some reason doesnt include it and only ships the brick with only two prongs on it.

As for the charging issue, your best bet is taking it to apple as it's still in warranty. You can of course try resetting the SMC (a guide should be on apple's website)

saudor

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
The static/vibrating feel happened on my 2019 MBP. the trick was to use a plug that has a ground connection and it wont do that anymore. In the US/Canada, it's the one with 3 prongs on it. Apple for some reason doesnt include it and only ships the brick with only two prongs on it.

As for the charging issue, your best bet is taking it to apple as it's still in warranty. You can of course try resetting the SMC (a guide should be on apple's website)

Solution