[SOLVED] macbook pro battery strength

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
is it ok to keep your macbook pro plugged in even after it's been fully charged? there have been times where i have left it pugged in for an extended period of time and even putting the computer to sleep mode every so often and the battery dipped to 99%, i would just unplug then plug back in and it would be back to 100%

Solution
is it ok to keep your macbook pro plugged in even after it's been fully charged? there have been times where i have left it pugged in for an extended period of time and even putting the computer to sleep mode every so often and the battery dipped to 99%, i would just unplug then plug back in and it would be back to 100%
No it won't degrade the battery to any great degree. They're not phones the batteries are fairly large in laptops. Also the guys with the "number one recommendation" of letting it die doesn't have a clue what they're on about. They use Li-ion batteries which if you want to keep them in optimal condition you want to keep them between 30% and 80% and letting them go flat is the worst thing you can do for them...

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
No this is actually a very bad thing to do because it ages your battery. My number one recommendation is letting your MacBook die completely and then let it sit for 30 minutes and then plug it back in and let it charge to 100% without any interruptions.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
No this is actually a very bad thing to do because it ages your battery. My number one recommendation is letting your MacBook die completely and then let it sit for 30 minutes and then plug it back in and let it charge to 100% without any interruptions.

would doing that effect the harddrive or any of the information on it?

No it won't degrade the battery to any great degree. They're not phones the batteries are fairly large in laptops. Also the guys with the "number one recommendation" of letting it die doesn't have a clue what they're on about. They use Li-ion batteries which if you want to keep them in optimal condition you want to keep them between 30% and 80% and letting them go flat is the worst thing you can do for them, considering that leaves you with only 50% of the total battery you can see why that isn't practical. I leave mine on charge whilst I'm using it and my battery is fine.

Solution