MacBook Pro Ram Temps?

omalley

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I have a mid 2015 MAcBook Pro with Retnia display. It has an I7 4870HQ, 16GB of DDR3, AMD Radeon R7 M380.

Anyways, I noticed while doing some light gaming, for example these readings are while playing Oblivion. But I noticed that the Ram or Chanel Dims, I'm not sure what the readings are exactly but they seem to be getting extremely high temps.

j0tdsqL.jpg

omalley

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Look at the picture posted, there is a black box around the 4 temps I'm referring to. If you look at the maximum temp they reached it was 109, and that wasn't for a brief second either, they where at that temp for a while and once i stoppped gaming i would say it took them about 5 minutes to get back down to the current temp.

Blatcher2

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

Sorry, I can't see any picture. 109C does seem high. I'm really not sure what toy can do though. If you play on a long gaming sension use a notebook cooler of sometime to try and give it as much breathing room as possible. I'm not familiar with RAM temps but I doubt you are the only Mac user with this issue.

omalley

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Well the ram is solder onto the board, and i have a notebook cooler with 2 120mm fans but like all macbooks, they really don't have any vents so all im mainly cooling down is the chassie which does pull some ehat away from the components.

Blatcher2

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
If it was a Windows PC or really any other brand of laptop I would say to take off the back and put thermal pad or copper shingles on the RAM chips. If you could use the aluminum shell as a heatsink for the RAM with thermal pads in between that would be ideal.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to deal with it since it is likely more complicated than just taking a feel screws out the back.

Ask Mac user :)