• MacBook Pro

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Acer Predator Triton 500/700

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSI GE66 Raider

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 23, 2021
I’m looking to maybe change my MacBook Pro for a better laptop m. I’m a 3D character modeling and concept artist and will be majorly working with programs like Maya, Belnder, Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and the Adobe Suite. My question is: since for the next approximately 5 years I’ll be very mobile and will not be able to get a desktop computer, I’m looking into the possibility of changing my laptop for a supposedly better one. I’m working with a MacBook Pro at the moment and I’m sad to say that I’m not met with an outstanding workflow. Would any of these laptops serve me better for the next 5 or so years, will they do a better job than the Mac and is it worth the investment at this point? The laptops: Acer Predator Triton 500/700; MSI GE66 Raider.

USAFRet

Titan
Performancewise, it could go either way.

You could spec out a Windows laptop equal or better than a Mac.
Or vice versa.

The software is the difference.

Even though it is 'the same', it is not the same.
Blender/Maya/Photoshop is not exactly the same.

Same functions, different buttons to get there.

And of course, you'd likely have to buy all new if changing from Apple to Windows.

May 23, 2021
Performancewise, it could go either way.

You could spec out a Windows laptop equal or better than a Mac.
Or vice versa.

The software is the difference.

Even though it is 'the same', it is not the same.
Blender/Maya/Photoshop is not exactly the same.

Same functions, different buttons to get there.

And of course, you'd likely have to buy all new if changing from Apple to Windows.
I am student still so I’m using student subscriptions hence why the cost of the software is not a concern. I have mainly stated them since they will be softwares I’m using and was wondering if performance wise someone could advise me whether the investment in a new machine is worth it.

I am student still so I’m using student subscriptions hence why the cost of the software is not a concern. I have mainly stated them since they will be softwares I’m using and was wondering if performance wise someone could advise me whether the investment in a new machine is worth it.
Which MacBook do you have?