MacBook Pros Plagued With Keyboard, Trackpad Problems

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baoson

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
"Indeed use cases are different for different people. Playing games may not be the bestg on a MBP, but it makes one helluva work laptop. In terms of overheating though, those temps are a bit ridiculous. The CPU would have throttled before it got to 95C"

So which laptop is really a work horse? my M4700 with a Quadro or the rMBP with a consumer Geforce? Also, if the rMBP gets really hot playing a few 3d games, how do you think it will cope with 3dmax, Solidworks, Autodesk Maya, Premiere etc...those are serious works there. Unless you mean surfing the net, posting comments on facebook... are works because it seem like the rMBP great for just those tasks.

Also, professional software run better and more efficient on Windows. Since Apple drop the balls on Final Cut pro, by not having hard ware acceleration support. And they don't have any Pro-grade GPU on any of their so called Pro laptops.

The Nvidia GPU is designed to have max thermal at 105C. So 95C is not there yet, but still, it is very hot. If it is pushed to the limit like that daily, there will be serious damage to all the solder joints. Of course, most MBP users don't experience that because facebook, internet browser, twitter don't push the limit of the GPU.

burkhartmj

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

Sorry bro, but he's doing way more than that. he starts out using inverse statements to state the superiority of Macs ["just because you've never owned one doesn't mean it's not better"], talks about a support experience with Apple and claims it's better than everyone else [which isn't true, I've had a dell tech come to my house next day and replace a mainboard and screen], calls a macbook 'incredible,' then makes the claim that web surfing [WEB SURFING] is years ahead of Windows, when Safari and IE are equally jokes and most people use Chrome or Firefox anyway, both of which are cross platform. He's just a crazed troll.

In regards to your previous reply to me, I tend to agree. I've dealt with people on both spectrums of both sides, and I'll take humble mac users over arrogant DIY'ers any day, even as a DIY'er myself.

Having friends with macbooks ask me to help them with issues, I genuinely don't like their software or how they build their hardware, but I don't begrudge people their preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.