Question Machine_Check_Exception with no dump file

Jan 5, 2020
I recently built a new computer and have had a hard time with BSOD. I'm new to building computers and have been stuck for months with issues.

Computer Specs-
CPU: Intel I7 9700K
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z-390-A
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Real Boost Clock: 1710 MHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DRAM 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 (1 TB)
PSU: EVGA 650 G3 (80 Plus Gold)

Issue
When i built my pc, i started receiving BSOD randomly whether i was gaming or just surfing the internet (maybe 2 times over a 4 hour period of using my pc). After 2 re installations of windows i found that having the epics game launcher installed was causing me troubles. easy enough, i would just uninstall it. computer ran great for weeks after.

Later i installed Escape from Tarkov and this is where i always trigger a BSOD within minutes of just sitting in the main menu. The error is always MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and sits at 0% loading of a dump file.

It doesnt appear my system is stressed as GPU and CPU temps remain low and other games (Warframe, CSGO, Witcher 3,) run fine. Later i found that the game 7 days to die also crashes my PC after playing for 10 mins or so.

Troubleshooting
I did another fresh install of windows using a bootable USB.
Updated motherboard BIOS and chipset
checked Geforce drivers are updated
ran Memtest 86 - passed
reseated hardware besides removing CPU
tried my old GPU instead (still crashed)
Removed GPU and just used my CPU. seems to be stable and does not crash.

I am very lost in a new world of computers but if anyone has suggestions, i would be more than happy to try them.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're on 1401, there's also a Management Engine firmware necessary after the BIOS update. Also, see if you can source a donor PSU with more wattage than you currently have and made reliably. As a colleague of mine has said, EVGA make PSU's that range in spectrum from having splendid units to failures. Often times you could have a PSU that fails after a period of use, prior to warranty expiration.

By old GPU, what is the make and model of it?

See if the issue crops up when breadboarded and have the GPU added later on.

Jan 5, 2020
For the sake of relevance, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're on 1401, there's also a Management Engine firmware necessary after the BIOS update. Also, see if you can source a donor PSU with more wattage than you currently have and made reliably. As a colleague of mine has said, EVGA make PSU's that range in spectrum from having splendid units to failures. Often times you could have a PSU that fails after a period of use, prior to warranty expiration.

By old GPU, what is the make and model of it?

See if the issue crops up when breadboarded and have the GPU added later on.
I updated to 1401. I was unaware of the ME firmware but i just now updated it.
I dont have a donor PSU right now but i was questioning if that was my issue so im thinking i will buy one (850W). I did have another 650 watt lying around, swapped them awhile ago out but still crashes so it could possibly be i need a stronger one. My old GPU is a EVGA GTX 760. as far as your breadboard suggestion...sorry but im lost on the terminology. could you explain a little more.

Thanks for the quick reply!