Question Macros are not saving to On-Board memory on G502 hero wired

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingriley

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
So, recently I brought G502 Hero wired and downloaded the Logitech G hub software and I have created a repeating macro using the Ghub only and assigned it to g4 key but after switching to On-Board memory the macro just won't work, every other setting is saved(all the lightings and all) but the macro key just wouldn't do anything after switching to On-Board memory mode.

Yes, I have made sure I put the profile on persistent, chose the right profile, I have tried different slots and disabling other slots, reinstalling ghub(also tried using LGS instead but it doesn't detect G502 hero) but nothing would work.

I checked if it is working with my old G402 and it is having the same problem (every setting would save but the macro won't). Is there any way to fix this? I don't like the app running in the background all the time, it makes the bootup slow. Is anyone else facing the same issue? Any answer would be greatly appreciated and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. Thank you :)

stingriley

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
What is that "repeating macro"? Purpose?

And G4 key being the back button - correct?

Reference:

https://www.logitech.com/assets/65517/g502-hero.pdf

Physically numbered pages "English 7, 8, 9".
I use it in a beat 'em up game where instead of smashing a button on the keyboard, I just hold down the mouse key since I have to use the mouse to change angles as well.
The thing is I will do without the macro but the macro not saving to the on-board is so bothersome.
G4 is the back key, yes.
The pdf didn't help, it's just talking about pre-set pofiles. I edited the default profile and assigned the macro to g4 button. (i also tried making new profiles and assigning it to slots but the macro didn't work after changing to On-Board memory).

stingriley

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Which keyboard key are you trying to repeat via the macro?

Is it a Logitech keyboard?

Macros:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/6bmdxd/setting_macros_on_logitech_g502/

However, I also found the following link:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=82487.0

Note Reply #2.
I am not using a Logitech keyboard, I am using a Redragon one but I don't think that matters.
I tried the reddit link and it didn't help. The thing is I KNOW how to make a macro and assign it to a key and it's even working when the Logitech software is running in the background but it doesn't work when I switch to On-Board memory.
It's a shame really if they actually removed that functionality. I can't use LGS since it doesn't detect g502 hero :(

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020
So, recently I brought G502 Hero wired and downloaded the Logitech G hub software and I have created a repeating macro using the Ghub only and assigned it to g4 key but after switching to On-Board memory the macro just won't work, every other setting is saved(all the lightings and all) but the macro key just wouldn't do anything after switching to On-Board memory mode.

Yes, I have made sure I put the profile on persistent, chose the right profile, I have tried different slots and disabling other slots, reinstalling ghub(also tried using LGS instead but it doesn't detect G502 hero) but nothing would work.

I checked if it is working with my old G402 and it is having the same problem (every setting would save but the macro won't). Is there any way to fix this? I don't like the app running in the background all the time, it makes the bootup slow. Is anyone else facing the same issue? Any answer would be greatly appreciated and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. Thank you :)

I have EXACTLY the same problem with G502 Hero SE. With this new G-Hub all the settings are saved into on-board memory, but not the macros.

I've tried with my G502 Proteus Core and G502 Proteus Spectrum and the macros are still working even after have them connected to G-Hub and then closed the software. I was afraid to mess up with the settings and lose the macros.
I got the G502 SE for 1/3 of the price of G502 Proteus...now I wonder why 💩

Did you find any solution already?

Apr 8, 2020
Problem solved with the new update:
  • Software Version: 2020.2.35921
  • Last Update: 2020-04-02
Bug Fixes
  • Improvements to Macros
  • Fixed an issue where modifier keys would not work in on-board mode for certain devices

Apr 12, 2020
Not fixed at all. I still have this problem with my G502 Proteus Spectrum using G Hub. As everyone, when I create my repeating macro with the last G Hub version, the macro doesn't work when I put the mouse in on-board memory mode.

May 4, 2020
I've been having the exact same issue with my G502 SE. Can't save a single macro to the onboard memory. This wouldn't be a problem if GHUB was actually a good software, and launched immediately open starting the computer (which it doesn't). This means I have to wait a few minutes for all my macros to work after starting the computer.

Have any of you tried contacting support? Looks like that's our best bet. Possibly ask for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS