Mad Catz Intros Pair Of "Tournament Edition" Gaming Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Those are dog ugly, what's with all the transformer style peripherals these days? Look at those mice, do those even look like they would be comfortable in your hand after a couple of hours? What happened to nice smooth and sexy lines?

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Those are dog ugly, what's with all the transformer style peripherals these days? Look at those mice, do those even look like they would be comfortable in your hand after a couple of hours? What happened to nice smooth and sexy lines?

Shneiky

Distinguished
For your information, Mad Catz R.A.T mice are the most comfortable thing on the planet. You can adjust it in the best possible way to fit your hand. Any person that got a hold of my R.A.T 7 said it was fitting well. But I have to agree - their build quality is extremely low for the price. Two major points to give here:
1 - The Phillips sensor and solder quality - superbly bad. The mouse sensor falls asleep and fails to wake up unless replugged. It did not happen on my Z77 Extreme6, but it was happening daily on my P67 Pro, as well as my work station... and my girlfriends laptop. Well it is a pesky and picky little rodent.
2 - The thumb rest broke at its anchor point exactly 1 year and 1 month. (1 month post grantee). Had to improvise with industrial glue.

R.A.T mice are double sided edge. When you get your hands on one and adjust it to your liking - it is the best thing out there. You don't want to touch anything else. Specially since it is the widest mouse available (after adjustment) out there, and each person with very wide hands will appreciate it. But yet again, it comes with some many inconveniences that you wonder if the price was worth it. You pay for a premium product, but the build quality is low.

In the end - I will most likely pat and glue and refix this rat until it dies. Nothing else simply fits my hand as well as this and my hand does not hurt anymore after 8-9 hours of 3D modeling or something. But the 90 euro price does demand higher quality. If Mad Catz pays a little attention to quality, I would have no reason not to recommend their products left and right. Superb design - bad execution.

P.S are they trying to steal the "Rapid Fire" form CM?

whitehawke24

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
What Shneiky said - adding bold underline under LOW QUALITY engineering. I've had two MMO7's and they both broke at about 1 year of use. Side buttons just started falling off. The first one was replaced and just broke for the second time in exactly the same way. Now the second one has broken as well. The buttons on the MMO TE look like they might last. I'll probably buy it because even as crappy as the quality is, I love gaming with them. It might be my last purchase from them though if it breaks. The corsair M95 I got as a replacement isn't quite as ergonomically adjustable, and the customization software isn't as good, but it's 90% of what I get from the MMO7 and the buttons seem bullet proof.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I like what Mad Catz did with the keyboard above the arrow keys that's perfect location to toss in a keys for say copy, paste, cut, back, forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.