Mag InnoVision 800v?

G

I've read a lot of your comments. Anybody have insights on the Mag InnoVision 800v? It has a good review at computershopper.com, and has a $300 price tag. I need that economy...

G

I had this monitor breifly. It does not come with a driver disk, and on 3 video cards & motherboards plus a re-install of windows, I could not get the monitor to work in 2 video modes, 640x480 8bit & 640x480 32 bit. If you don't have any games or programs that drop down to that resolution then it is a good deal. Also it does not come with a driver disk and you will have to contact tech support at Mag Innovision to have them email drivers out to you. I took the monitor back and bought a 19" Micron APG. :)

G

Many thanks for the insight. I've kept looking for that magic monitor that's great as well as inexpensive! PCWorld gave high reviews to the Samsung Synmaster 950. That's also around $300. I know PCWorld doesn't have the last say in these things... ... ...
Anyone have advice here?

iby

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm thinking about Samsung as well. The thing is they are damn good, super flat and have no wires accross screen like
Sony and NEC devices. A friend of me got Samsung 19" IFT and it is a screamer. I'm thinking about 950P (much cheaper but about same spec.)

G

That 19" Samsung is nice. I almost bought it at CompUSA think they had it on sale for like $299. At it was a perfdect flat screen.