[SOLVED] Mainboard for 3900x or 5900x?

Jul 2, 2021
I plan to buy either ryzen 3900x or 5900x , my job is just rendering in Maya, Zbrush, etc. Either will be fine but I love to get the best deal I could. Anyway I'm trying to find a mobo suitable to handle either of these cpu with full load, fully OC and working 24/7. My budget is around $200 if I buy 3900x or $100 If I buy 5900x. VRM should be under 80 for my setup's safety. Preferably around 75 in the summer. I will add liquid cooling or Noctua NH-D15 if necessary. If the mobo is good enough with bad stock cooling, then I can transfer the money for that cooling setup into the mobo, around $100 i guess.
Tldr: Looking for mobo with 3900x ($200 budget) or 5900x ($100 budget), may add $100 for mobo if they don't need expensive air/liquid cooling.
Thank you.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your mileage can and will vary but you can get DDR4-3600MHz speeds out of your memory, if they're rated to go that far. You will require aftermarket cooling since the stock cooler doesn't yield good temps or noise or results but you can overclock on the stock cooler just that an aftermarket cooler would be more ideal.

Preferred site for purchase? You seem to be in line for any B550 chipset board out there that are near cream of the crop. Also, what sort of a form factor are you looking at? matx, mitx, atx?

Lutfij

Titan

Your mileage can and will vary but you can get DDR4-3600MHz speeds out of your memory, if they're rated to go that far. You will require aftermarket cooling since the stock cooler doesn't yield good temps or noise or results but you can overclock on the stock cooler just that an aftermarket cooler would be more ideal.

Preferred site for purchase? You seem to be in line for any B550 chipset board out there that are near cream of the crop. Also, what sort of a form factor are you looking at? matx, mitx, atx?

Solution
Jul 2, 2021

Thank you. I don't mind any form factor cause my case is really big. I'm in Asia so I can't use USA or EU sites. I would just look up on my local stores for any mobo that is recommended.