Question Major sound bug on overwatch 2

Nov 11, 2022
Hello and good evening;

I have a major problem: when i launch overwatch 2, an abnormal, robotic and shrill sound is present. It reverberates heavily and sounds a bit like something you would get from a bizarre feedback loop. It goes from these weird bleeping sounds to no sound at all.
(Video at the end)
It makes the game completely unplayable.
Important note: Overwatch 1 worked without any problems and i have had these issues since OW2’s first beta
This occurs only with sound effects. Overwatch 2 music works fine.
Any other games and discord/youtube do not have any audio problems - it is an issue i am solely experiencing when i launch overwatch 2.

Here is the list of things I did to try and fix the problem (without any success)

-Restarted my computer
-Reset my computer from scratch (hard format)
-Switch from w10 to w11 and back to w10
-Reinstalling and repairing the game
-Checking and updating drivers
-Tried with an other headset
-Tried to switch all audio options (in game, and on windows : audio enhancers, drivers…)
-My audio device is set as default
-I already turned off all audio devices which are not being used
-Downloaded the game before even downloading anything else after an hard format (drivers..)
-Tried all usb ports
-Flashed the bios
-Had the bug before overclocking anything
-Tried with an other motherboard
-Tried with others ram
-Tried with an other GPU
-Contacted blizzard but they could not help

Here is my configuration :

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
2x16go Fury 3000MHz
B550 NZXT Motherboard
NViDIA GTX 1660 Super
SSD Samsung 256GB / SSD Samsung 500GB

Here's a video of what my sound problem sounds like :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AJ9lO8IOA

Here's a video to show that voice comm is fine :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecjarAdm3pU

Here's a video to show that this bug only affects SFX :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKGt4D4ayQ

I come here as a last resort, i feel like i tried everything. Maybe i 've forgotten some things...

Thx for the help

Best regards

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022
Hey there,

Did you clear CMOS after the bios update? If not, try that first then get back to us.

Given it's only one game, it appears this could be an issue you will have to wait for a fix/patch.

Hey ! Thx for the answer

Did the CMOS clear sadly without succes

For the second part of your message, i just met 2-3 ppl with a similar bug.. Will blizzard do something for a few ppl? Idk..
I figured out that the hardware in common that i have with those guys is a CPU Ryzen

Hey ! Thx for the answer

Did the CMOS clear sadly without succes

For the second part of your message, i just met 2-3 ppl with a similar bug.. Will blizzard do something for a few ppl? Idk..
I figured out that the hardware in common that i have with those guys is a CPU Ryzen

I think you may have to wait this one out for a patch. Everything else you've done would have rectified the issue, if done as expected.