Question Major under-performance from GPU ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 8, 2021
Alright so heres the deal. I bought an asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and I have seen people with the exact same setup apart from cpu being different but most the time same if not worse, and they are getting like 70fps max settings gta v and others. I have tried power plan, nvidia control panel stuff probably not everything in there though so please give me ideas I really want help. Thank you.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.

You'll generally get 2 warrantys on your purchase. First is Vendor warranty, it's the amount of time the Seller says you can return the item for repair/replacement/refund. Then there's Manufacture warranty.

First contact Vendor If it's still under that time period, if no joy then contact the Manufacturer.

In either case you'll need an RMA number which is given when the Vendor/Manufacturer agrees you need to send them the item.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
1060 is an old card, I think they even stopped selling them new over a year ago. I doubt it is under any kind of warranty, but if it is, you need to return it.

If it's stuck at 139Mhz core it's not working correctly. It's supposed to boost up to much higher clocks based on demand. This is controlled by the firmware on the card itself.

It should be possible to flash the firmware on the card, which might fix your issue:

Apr 8, 2021
1060 is an old card, I think they even stopped selling them new over a year ago. I doubt it is under any kind of warranty, but if it is, you need to return it.

If it's stuck at 139Mhz core it's not working correctly. It's supposed to boost up to much higher clocks based on demand. This is controlled by the firmware on the card itself.

It should be possible to flash the firmware on the card, which might fix your issue:

it has 2 years left on the warranty and if thats not the case im gonna refund it cause they said it has 2 years left on warranty
so ill try that if it persists