Make your own chassis?

gwiddle

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Is it possible to make your own PC case? I was thinking of making something like a pyramid and turning it into a gaming machine called the "Game Pyramid". What could I use to do so?

(probably something I'll never do but I'm curious anyway)

Solution
Almost all motherboards are made to a standard ATX variant, the dimensions are freely available. If you have the skill and time as stated above, you can build anything to be the chassis, so long as you design it with the standard dimensions in mind.

If you're using a non-standard board, getting the proper clearances and stand-off placement might require getting the board before building, just to take measurements. (Mostly for server/rackmount boards. I'm looking at you, SuperMicro. O_O)

Saberus

Distinguished
Almost all motherboards are made to a standard ATX variant, the dimensions are freely available. If you have the skill and time as stated above, you can build anything to be the chassis, so long as you design it with the standard dimensions in mind.

If you're using a non-standard board, getting the proper clearances and stand-off placement might require getting the board before building, just to take measurements. (Mostly for server/rackmount boards. I'm looking at you, SuperMicro. O_O)

Solution