Making a GTX560ti Quiet

gtxissues

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on how I can make my GTX560ti card a bit more quiet? The noise from the fans is pretty loud at the moment.

It's inside a Novatech Prowler case at the moment (don't know if that's related though)

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey,

Here are some tips:

Download a program like MSI Afterburner, and create something called a custom fan profile. Make sure your temperatures are in a safe range before attempting this. By creating a custom fan profile you can choose how the fan reacts to specific temperatures. What you would be doing is lowering the fan speed gradually, starting out high (to make sure you don't damage your card), and then you test the fan speed and temperatures with a game or benchmark. Keep a close eye on your temperatures. If they are fine, then lower the fan speed in the fan profile and repeat the process.

Open your case, and make sure your cable management is good. Also clean out any dust from your case, and the graphic card.

Hope this helps!

EzioAs

Distinguished
fil1p gave out the same recommendations I was about to give.

I highly recommend you to keep the temperature under 75c though. In Afterburner, set the fan speed to 70% or higher when temps go higher than 75c.

gtxissues

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

That's great, thanks! Having just looked at the manual for MSI afterburner I was coming back to ask what I should set things to. :)

Is it just setting the fan speed for temps above 75c that I need to set, or should I make some other changes as well?

EzioAs

Distinguished
It's custom, if you want quiet operation, you can set the fans to spin at 40% or so when temps are below 50c, 50% at 60c, 60% at 70c. Just my recommendations. Play with it a little bit.

Which 560 Ti to be exact that you have, making the fan speed lower isn't always the best idea as it will allow the vram and power vrm on the card to overheat. You could look into a low cost diy liquid cooling loop just for the card or going aftermarket for the cooler.

Larger high cfm low rpm fans will allow for low noise but decent performance cooling.