Malicious iPhone Virus Takes Control of Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
Next malware download will cause iGrenade's to go off all over the world causing one of the largest terrorist attacks in history. The US will soon respond with a military incursion into Cupertino, CA.

I have to say, I'm sort of happy to see Apple being targeted by a new virus. It serves them right, even if it is only targeting altered devices.

"I'm a PC, and Windows 7 was my idea."

Clearly, a fabricated and patently false story created by Microsoft fanbois to discredit the Great and Good name of Apple Computers Inc in a vain scheme to prevent the iminent collapse of WinDoze. After all, it is common knowledge that viruses and malware are solely the providence of Win~Blows and (deservedly!!) exist to show the Microserfs what a piece of garbage their so called "choice" of an operating system really is.

All Hail Steve Jobs!

eulogy32

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
What kind of valuable information could an iPhone user possible have? Unless the hacker is looking for massive amounts of free indy music and blog passwords.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Scotteq[/nom]Clearly, a fabricated and patently false story created by Microsoft fanbois to discredit the Great and Good name of Apple Computers Inc in a vain scheme to prevent the iminent collapse of WinDoze. After all, it is common knowledge that viruses and malware are solely the providence of Win~Blows and (deservedly!!) exist to show the Microserfs what a piece of garbage their so called "choice" of an operating system really is. All Hail Steve Jobs![/citation]

Loser.

thebobofbobs45

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Wait what?!?!?!? Apple can't get viruses......[/citation]
they can't... if you leave the password of a windows box as admin same shit happens...

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Aww what have you done Apple? You got yourself some market share in the smartphone department and look what happened to your precious gem!

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Scotteq[/nom]The funny part is you guys actually take that garbage seriously... Perhaps I didn't take it far enough?[/citation]
It needs something... maybe.. yes! That's it!

I CAN HAS MOAR COWBELL?

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
This proves one thing, the most successful smartphone is a sweet target. Apple products aren't more secure per se, they simply do not have the same market share as the usual suspect.

Symantec and other security companies would gladly protect you from malware for a fee :p

atticus052

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Only reason MAC was impervious to virus' is that NO ONE CARED ABOUT MAC USERS! If more people used MAC's and there was something to get out of it, such as annoying a small portion of society, then there would be more virus'. Iphone is just that, an opportunity for a hacker to create a nusance for the thousands of believers out there who think they feel they received their Iphone from God himself (as well as load up on their personal information and do all the other good stuff they aim at PC users).

atticus052

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Only reason MAC was impervious to virus' is that NO ONE CARED ABOUT MAC USERS! If more people used MAC's and there was something to get out of it, such as annoying a small portion of society, then there would be more virus'. Iphone is just that, an opportunity for a hacker to create a nusance for the thousands of believers out there who think they feel they received their Iphone from God himself (as well as load up on their personal information and do all the other good stuff they aim at PC users).

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This is a win-lose for Apple. On the one hand they have a definitive "I told you so" to jailbreakers who defy their "orders" to not jailbreak the device. But on the other hand most sites reporting this bury the fact that this only effects jailbroken devices and idiots who SSH without changing the default passwords deep within the article so that anyone who just reads the title will think this effects ALL iPhones.

Status
Not open for further replies.