[SOLVED] "Manage Disks and Volumes link" doesn't appear in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2021
I'm trying to check the temps of my NVME drives, none of the third party software detects temperature. I read that under storage settings there should be this "Manage Disks and Volumes link. " - but the place it is supposed to be there is nothing on the list.

Thank you in advance. -- Jim

Solution
"If you don’t see the temperature details, it’s likely that you don’t have a supported drive (currently only NVMe SSDs are supported), or you’re not running the version of Windows 10 that includes the drive health feature. At the time of this writing, the feature is available with build 20226 and higher releases. "
Mar 24, 2021
you mean disk management ?

not clear, are you not seeing the nvme disk? or not seeing disk management?

I see the disk, works fine. In windows, under settings, storage, on the right under "more storage settings", there is supposed to be an option "Manage Disks and Volumes link. ", under which I can see SSD temps. That link does not exist on the list.

USAFRet

Titan
I see the disk, works fine. In windows, under settings, storage, on the right under "more storage settings", there is supposed to be an option "Manage Disks and Volumes link. ", under which I can see SSD temps. That link does not exist on the list.
I do not see a link for that.

Where are you reading this is supposed to exist there?
What specific version of WIn 10 are you on?

Mine:
n4g5VKQ.png

Mar 24, 2021
If you search "check ssd temps" it pops up as "check your ssd temps in Windows 10" - "new feature", with a lot of threads people talking about it and instructions on how to use it.

Mar 24, 2021
I wasn't asking you to check yourself, I was answering your question, as there wasn't just one place, but many. Please see below 3 of those.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/check_drive_temperature.html

USAFRet

Titan
From your links:

"When introduced in build 20226..."

"Beginning with Windows 10 Build 20226, Microsoft has introduced and new Storage feature..."

"However, starting with build 20226, the Manage Disks and Volumes settings page has been updated with..."

This is on a Win 10 build different from yours, and mine.
I am currently on v20H2, Build 19042.867

What are you running?

Reactions: jtepjr

USAFRet

Titan
"If you don’t see the temperature details, it’s likely that you don’t have a supported drive (currently only NVMe SSDs are supported), or you’re not running the version of Windows 10 that includes the drive health feature. At the time of this writing, the feature is available with build 20226 and higher releases. "

Reactions: jtepjr
Solution
Mar 24, 2021
I'm running the same as you, I didn't even know different builds existed, I just thought I update my windows and that's it. Ok, so my next question is, what is the best way to monitor my SSD temps. I downloaded all of these third party monitoring programs, SSD-Z, Crystal Disk, and they are able to see the temps for my mechanical drive and SATA SSD, but not my NVME drives. (which is what I really want to see).

Mar 24, 2021
Different builds happen all the time.
This is not the same Win 10 as was released in 2014-2015...;)
You'll likely get that link in the next update.

I do not know of a specific application that will read those temps.

I don't really know much about it, I thought when I press update windows, I just automatically get the most up to date. I appreciate your time and responses, thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.