Question Mangled screen and horizontal green lines with RTX 3060 Ti ?

Tehnee

Distinguished
May 5, 2013
I bought a used RTX 3060 Ti a few weeks ago. I've been running it fine for a few weeks until about a week ago when it died on me. Windows throws a Code 43 error which would indicate a driver issue. However I've uninstalled the drivers with DDU and reinstalled multiple iterations of stable drivers. I've also tried a completely fresh install of windows, and a BIOS update neither of which have helped. The problems are also showing in the BIOS and all throughout the startup process which leads me to believe it's not a software issue. Has anyone had this issue before and resolved it? I'm inclined to think it could be faulty VRAM, but if you think it is something else please advise.

As you can see it's happening before Windows starts up, I know it's not an issue with other hardware because I have tried multiple other graphics cards with this set up and they are working fine. I just want to know if I need to get a new card or if I can salvage this one ?

Thanks in advance :)

Lutfij

Titan
Windows throws a Code 43 error
Check and see what GPU-Z has to say about the GPU. Chances are very high that you will need to RMA the card.

+
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could try underclock vram and vcore with Msi Afterburner if you can manage it with that display. Im not sure if settings would be applied to the card permanently though so I'm assuming will still need to run Msi AB when Windows starts to reinitialise settings after cold boot/restart but could be wrong.

If say underclocking does help, searching and reaching out to someone who modifies vbios might be possible to make settings you find stable to be permanent. Don't know anyone who codes vbios though but there are custom vbios out there so it could be possible to persue. But who knows what's really wrong with the card, it's the chance you take buying used.

Tehnee

Distinguished
May 5, 2013
Windows throws a Code 43 error
Check and see what GPU-Z has to say about the GPU. Chances are very high that you will need to RMA the card.

+
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
GPU-Z shows VRAM as 0GB and GPU clock at 0MHz. I'm guessing that means dead card?

Link to GPU-Z data: View: https://imgur.com/a/ys0sIep

TRENDING THREADS