Manually Setting Vcore

AXELfrieman

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I am asking this here because I've not been able to get help anywhere else. I've overclocked my 2500k to 4.5 GHz and my Z68X-UD3H-B3 has set the voltage to 1.38 via the SVID function. If I understand this mobo properly, if I manually input a new Vcore then SVID's scaling should automatically disable. However every time I try to do that my PC boots with the SVID voltage. I need to increase my voltage due to POSTing issues. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Axel

lukelaw

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
If you can't boot past post on that voltage then you're not going to be able to get it stable in Windows so you should just knock the OC down a little. However, if you have good cooling and you think your VRM can handle it then find and disable power management settings such as SpeedStep so your CPU will not dynamically adjust it's clock or voltage and will always run at the max clock speed

AXELfrieman

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

I have already disabled C1E, C3/C6, and EIST on this overclock. I'm running a Corsair H60 so my temperatures are within safe limits. I understand that I need more voltage but I can't figure out how to do this due to my motherboard using its SVID function.

AXELfrieman

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

SVID automatically raises the vcore by preset increments to provide the "correct" amount of power at higher overclocks. However it isn't very accurate and in my instance I need a bit more power for stability. To disable SVID I should only have to enter a manual vcore, however when I do this doesn't override the automated SVID vcore value. The only component that I have not previously listed is my 16GB of RAM, which aside from the clock speed should not affect my overclcok.