Mass Effect 3 Case Mod Matches Your Razer Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I made a RAGE pc case.

It was a good case, untill the game itself came out. Then I beat the hell out of it with a hammer.''

Rage it was.

ozvip3r

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Pretty tight looking mod. Now its time to get those GPU's updated.[/citation]
GPU's are fine, don't understand why he'd have only 4gig of memory in such an otherwise amazing build/mod.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]ozvip3r[/nom]GPU's are fine, don't understand why he'd have only 4gig of memory in such an otherwise amazing build/mod.[/citation]
If he had a couple 7970's or 680's then it'd be quite tight. ...and yes, a ram upgrade goes without saying.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
[citation][nom]plekter[/nom]Nice case but Mass Effect 3 itself isn't that good game imo.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Bad game but very good looking mod. The 2 clear tubes could be white though.[/citation]
I would look at it as a Mass Effect Series inspired mod. I kinda expected a good article with a really bad ending.

innocent bystander

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
GPU's are fine, don't understand why he'd have only 4gig of memory in such an otherwise amazing build/mod.

Because you don't need any more if your primary purpose is gaming. I've had a gaming PC with 4GB of RAM, a Phenom II X4 965 and a single 5870 for 3 years. I'm still waiting for a game that this setup can't run.

IB

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]deepblue08[/nom]Love it, this year I managed to install H80 for the first time, next year custom cooling )))[/citation]
I put an H70 in my little AMD Phenom II X4 965...does well, allows for reasonable overclock. I have an H100 in my more legitimate rig on my 2500K. They do nicely but I'd like to do custom H20 cooling in that rig because the 7970's xFired sound like a durned jet.

[citation][nom]ozvip3r[/nom]GPU's are fine, don't understand why he'd have only 4gig of memory in such an otherwise amazing build/mod.[/citation]

You don't understand about sponsorship. Most modders can not afford to buy their own parts, not if they want to do several mods per year. When I spoke with the builder (MyBadOmen) recently he indicated that he would no longer be doing mods unless fully sponsored. I certainly don't blame him, I know just as well as he does what a burden it can be to one's family when these projects take on a life of their own.

I have a project that I've been working on for over a year that has not been completed due to lack of funds. I have no sponsorship at this time, but my modding is reaching that level. But I have to bear the entire cost myself, the budget will reach $3000 by the time I am through.

Not just monetary stress, but also the amount of work involved and time spent away from loved ones can put a lot of pressure on a family. But believe me, the financial burden is very real, especially when competing against someone who has an unlimited budget. Sponsorship makes the work possible, but this is generally a non-profit type of work. Sure, you may win some motherboards or video cards as part of a contest, but there is little financial gain.

So in answer to your questions about the ram, he got 4 gigs of ram and that's it. So that's all the project got.

Many modders feel the financial burdens as MyBadOmen and I do, and so a sponsored project gets exactly what has been sponsored and not much more. Still, modders bear the burden of paint, modding supplies, tools, etc. Even pro modders like DarthBeavis who are well established need to keep a day job. Being a pro doesn't mean you are making any money! :D

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
More than anything, I love how clean the build is. You can see everything, but it's not so busy that you can't make out what the heck is going on with it. Aside from that, it just made me imagine a Tali'Zorah mod, where the front panel is her face mask, two power LEDs for her eyes, and you open it up to reveal her "real" face inside.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Shinobi_III[/nom]All that expensive hardware and an Assrock mobo? Dafuq is wrong with people.[/citation]
Now you're disrespecting the mobo in MY gaming rig. You do know that Asrock is no longer Asus's value line? They decapitate competition on their own now. ...but of course you know this, its in the post above mine...but since you're disrespecting my mobo you need to be told twice. ;) ...behave before we make you be seen in public holding an Apple product.

Status
Not open for further replies.