Question Massive FPS issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2021
So recently I've been having very bad FPS problems. I'm playing games like Squad/DayZ/Hell Let Loose/GTA V and my frames are far worse than they were a couple weeks ago. I looked into my task manager performance tab and my CPU was running at around 80-90% and the GPU was at most 50%. This is happening in every game I play. I did a stress test on my GPU and it was running at 100% so I'm guessing there's no problems with the actual GPU itself. I've tried maxing out settings, turning down settings and no matter what the GPU is bottlenecking and I'm getting around the same FPS. And yes the GPU is up to date with drivers. Idk if its worth noting but idle the CPU is at 5-10% and the GPU is max 3%. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Specs:

MOBO: Asus PRIME Z390-A
CPU: i7-9700k (Stable OC 4.7 GHz)
GPU: RTX 3060 12GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
PSU: AGK850W Gold Modular

Like I said earlier the CPU is constantly running at about 80-90% and the GPU is always 40-50%. It looks like a bottleneck but I don't understand why with an OC i7-9700k ?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version of Windows 10 are you working with at the time of writing? BIOS version for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build? As for your GPU, see if you're able to uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers and if that aids with improving your frame rates. On that note, manually download the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot and then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How are you cooling that processor? Make and model of your ram kit?

Aug 31, 2021
Hello! Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19043 Build 19043. I just updated my BIOS yesterday to 1902. 1903 was giving me problems, it looks like its mainly an update for Windows 11 anyways. The PSU is relatively new, I'd say 4 months at most. I used DDU to uninstall all my GPU drivers in safe mode then after a reboot, reinstalled them with administrator. So after testing a few games I do see a difference.. Games are running smoother just not as well as you'd expect (60 FPS with lots of frame drops). I still cant get the GPU to run much more than 65% still floating around the 40-50% for the most part. The CPU usage dropped to around 75%. I tested multiple games out and its the same in all cases. Something concerning is in 2 games (Hell Let Loose/GTA V) my CPU is running at 100% and the GPU is at a whopping 1-4% The games are running at 50-60FPS but definitely should be seeing better performance than that, especially in GTA. My RAM is running at 65% during gameplay, I've never payed much attention to RAM so idk if that's standard or not.

For the CPU Cooler I'm using the: Cooler Master V8 GTS.
RAM make and model: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200MHz DDR4. I mistakenly thought it was 2133Mhz. Although it looks like the RAM is running at 2133Mhz

Could it be a bad PCI-E cable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.