Msi GTX 1060 6gb
Msi z97 pc mate
16gb ram
550w super flower psu
i7 4790k
250gb ssd
1tb hdd

ISSUE:
My pc has been been performing absolutely fine, until I tried connecting my gpu directly into a hdmi splitter then boom, just like that no display from the gpu whatsoever.
It boots fine from the motherboard, fans spinning perfectly on every component, no weird noises - still as quiet as ever, worthy note; I was connecting the hdmi cable i was using back into my monitor from my tv and i saw sparks coming from the cable (which was connected to the gpu)
my best guess being the gpu is completely <Mod Edit> now, but is it at a point of no return? and how do i confirm this for sure?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance to any gods out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinatra

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
& if I do need to replace my GPU, what’s the best option for me going forward without causing any other issues like running out of power or bottlenecking

p.s my apologies for the lack of detail - please do let me know if you need additional information or for me to run any diagnostic software, it’s 12am and this all just happened and i’ve had a few to drink, very sorry hahaha

Last edited: