masterliquid lite 240 liquid cooler

Apologies, I should have made that clear...The Water one the Cooler Master 240 Lite..For the price, it is great and will handle your CPU easily at overclock.

I know, I have just had a look at the prices and could not believe how much you guys are being charged out there., The Corsair H115 is nearly 200 Euro's!!!!!

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

I have cpu:i7 870 and for case the nzxt s340
For cooler now i have a be quiet shadow rock slim and the main reason i want to change is that its summer here and its pretty hot 2-3 in the afternoon its almost 40 degrees Celsius and because its an old chip it produces a lot of heat and my room gets very hot

What's your fan setup in that s340 ??

The reason I ask is because it has badly stunted air inflow from the front.

The only place to fit that masterliquid is as a front intake.

That , while it will drop cpu temps, will inflate internal case temps massively.

If it's 40c in your room, the inside,of your case will be 60c+ then.

That affects everthing internally , the main components being gpu & hard drives that will take the biggest hit.

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

i have one as exhaust in the back and one as intake in the front
ALSO I DON'T MIND TAKING THE FRONT COVER OFF

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

what do you think

I have double checked your case and dont think you have anything to worry about. The 240mm AIO will fit perfectly in the front and has enough room to breath from the top and bottom...

https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cases/nzxt-s340-review/2/

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

okay

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

Man i also have another question..my mobo is the asus p7h55 what connectors does the masterliquid 240 lite have?

4 pin for the fans & a 3 pin for the pump.

Obviously the fans will go in cpu fan header.

The issue is , assuming you'll swap those w fans you currently have to top rear & rear exhaust you need 1 more connector.

So either a splitter cable for the rear fans or a molex to fan header cable for the pump.

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

the pump is a 3 pin?

mariosskoutaris33

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

oh now i get it power fan header you mean the one next to the cpu labeled as PWR_FAN?

Yes , you have 3 fan headers total on that board so

Lite 240 fans to cpu fan header (you get a splitter with the cooler so the 2 fans only need 1 board header)

Lite 240 pump to power fan header

Your 2 existing case fans to the splitter cable I linked , then plug this to the chassis fan header.