matching graphics card to PC?

bsacco123

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
I'm attempting to shop for a new graphics card for my 14 yrd old gaming son. I'm assuming the ATI Radeon HD5450 Graphics card in there now cannot run dual monitors. Is this correct?

If the ATI Radeon HD5450 cannot run dual monitors, what Graphics card would match my system best for dual monitors?

It's a Gateway DX-4300-03
The PC is running Windows 7
Processor is AMD Phenom II x4 810 PR
Memory: 6 gb RAM
64 bit OS
ATI Radeon HD5450 Graphics card

Solution
your 5450 will run dual monitors, but not game even a single monitor decently, dual monitors is all the x450 cards are made for. With that CPU, you could go all the way on up to something like a 7790 without the CPU being much of a bottleneck, the phenom II's are still great. If your son is going to be playing any of the newer games, that card will play them on high settings with good frame rates. And that monitor is great for gaming, i actually bought one myself last week.

SNA3

Honorable

hi ,
How much is your budget for this ?

Jaxem

Honorable
your 5450 will run dual monitors, but not game even a single monitor decently, dual monitors is all the x450 cards are made for. With that CPU, you could go all the way on up to something like a 7790 without the CPU being much of a bottleneck, the phenom II's are still great. If your son is going to be playing any of the newer games, that card will play them on high settings with good frame rates. And that monitor is great for gaming, i actually bought one myself last week.

Solution

Jaxem

Honorable
i'm assuming with dual monitors you're still gaming on only one monitor, in which case, 1 GB should be just fine for most games up to 1920x1080, higher end games, or anything above that resolution would require more than 1GB. 2GB doesn't benefit you at all if you're at a lower resolution.