Question Media On Windows Becomes Brighter

Yashank

Reputable
Jun 18, 2017
Hello There,
I noticed this issue recently on my pc that whenever i open any media - netflix,prime video,youtube,media player etc,the screen is at the original color but after 1 or 2 seconds the screen contrast increases and stays there until the video ends,i dont have a laptop so there are no brightness settings in windows,my monitor does not have an auto brightness/contrast option.this only happens to the window of the media and not the entire screen,i am on AMD ryzen 3 2200g and there are no auto adjust options in amd settings too,i dont know why this problem is caused i just seemed to notice it a few days ago,i am running windows 10 2004 build please help.

Yashank

Reputable
Jun 18, 2017
use ddu uninstaller to remove the AMD graphics driver, install the latest from AMD.com
Hey,i tried that but it does not seem to work.however,i figured out what is causing the problem,it's my second monitor,this issue only arises when i have my second monitor plugged in,also,disabling hardware accelaration in chrome seems to fix the problem in chrome but on the other browsers and windows media player,the issue still exists,disabling hardware acceleration seems to lower my performance tho

disabling hardware acceleration will lower the performance

did you enable "dark mode" in windows or anywhere else?

or the night light mode?

Yashank

Reputable
Jun 18, 2017
disabling hardware acceleration will lower the performance

did you enable "dark mode" in windows or anywhere else?

or the night light mode?

Sorry For the Late Reply,i was out of town for a while

I do have windows dark mode enabled but the night light is disabled also the contrast is actually low and not high,it appears to have a whitish tint on any media i play,it happens 1/2 seconds after i play the media so i was able to take a photo of the both for comparison,i attached the screenshots below

Difference between the media after 2 seconds

Yashank

Reputable
Jun 18, 2017
which monitor is it?

Try a TV or other monitor and have a look if it´s happening there too
my monitor is a dell in2020m,the strange thing is,both the dell one and my second asus monitor work fine when they are individually plugged in but if you they are plugged in simultaneously to extend display,the issue comes up again,i also tried booting it with linux and it works fine on linux