[SOLVED] memok light is red and my pc is failing to display

Jan 5, 2021
My Memok light is red and my pc is failing to display anything on my monitors.
This problem started around a week ago and it was when i was installing a new cpu and i had taken out the ram to have more room, i put them back in the right place but since then this problem has been constantly happening, i’ve had my pc for just over a year and have had no problems until now.

I have 4 sticks of ddr3 14gb ram

Solution
This problem started around a week ago and it was when i was installing a new cpu and i had taken out the ram to have more room, i put them back in the right place but since then this problem has been constantly happening, i’ve had my pc for just over a year and have had no problems until now.

I would power down....remove the sticks...and inspect the slots for anything odd looking (hopefully and most likely you shouldn't find anything). Then I would make sure the contacts on the memory are clean by using some contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol. Let dry.
Then I would reinstall the memory.
If I still had the problem I...

I would power down....remove the sticks...and inspect the slots for anything odd looking (hopefully and most likely you shouldn't find anything). Then I would make sure the contacts on the memory are clean by using some contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol. Let dry.
Then I would reinstall the memory.
If I still had the problem I would try different configurations (different sticks in different slots) to hopefully by process of elimination find the problem.

Reactions: joelhill
Solution