May 18, 2020
Hi,

I have a new PC build, 1st build
Msi b450 gaming plus max
Rx580
16gb 2666 ram 16-18-18-35 1.2v

1tb ssd
Ryzen 3200g

I have tried A-XMP and manually adjusting ram settings to mimic timings voltage and frequency on ram sticker. However each time this is done fortnite stutters around 60fps at 2k . Note Volt

when I revert settings back to auto which runs all the way down to 2132 at 15-15-15-36 fortnite runs smooth as.

any help appreciated to this gaming newbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The only 2x8GB 2666mhz CL16 memory kit that Corsair shows to be compatible with that motherboard, via their online memory finder utility, is this one.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16

Which is not the same as yours. So, according to Corsair, who would be the authority on which boards their memory is compatible with and which boards it is not, yours is not compatible with that board.

That is not to say that unlisted memory, not on the motherboard QVL or the manufacturers compatibility list, can't work, but usually if it is not on the Corsair or G.Skill compatibility list, then memory from those manufacturers tends to not work on those boards more often than not. Or it...
The only 2x8GB 2666mhz CL16 memory kit that Corsair shows to be compatible with that motherboard, via their online memory finder utility, is this one.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16

Which is not the same as yours. So, according to Corsair, who would be the authority on which boards their memory is compatible with and which boards it is not, yours is not compatible with that board.

That is not to say that unlisted memory, not on the motherboard QVL or the manufacturers compatibility list, can't work, but usually if it is not on the Corsair or G.Skill compatibility list, then memory from those manufacturers tends to not work on those boards more often than not. Or it works, but it has problems.

Honestly, I'd recommend returning that memory and getting these instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-19 14:25 EDT-0400

They are faster. Probably less expensive. And they are compatible.

Solution
May 18, 2020

That is not to say that unlisted memory, not on the motherboard QVL or the manufacturers compatibility list, can't work, but usually if it is not on the Corsair or G.Skill compatibility list, then memory from those manufacturers tends to not work on those boards more often than not. Or it works, but it has problems.

Honestly, I'd recommend returning that memory and getting these instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-19 14:25 EDT-0400

They are faster. Probably less expensive. And they are compatible.

Legend, thanks, ill give that a try